This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Being the food lover I am, I knew when I got to campus I would need to check out all the “go to” spots downtown. There are so many great restaurants downtown that have an array of food, from acai bowls to greasy pizza. This is for all my food lovers and those looking for new places to eat downtown. Enjoy!

1. Juicery

If you haven’t been to the Juicery yet downtown, then I advise you to drop what you are doing and go grab yourself a peanut butter bliss smoothie. The Juicery is the perfect spot for when you’re feeling hungry, but don’t want to regret the slice of dhop pizza you’re considering eating. From acai bowls, to smoothies, to sandwiches, even to a cute picture for your vsco. The Juicery is a perfect spot to get a quick grab and go snack with your friends or a post workout smoothie.

2. DHOP

If you have not been to DHOP within your first week of being at UNH, you have not experienced greasy goodness. DHOP is the perfect spot to hit after a long night out with friends, or for a bite to eat during the day. While you may be left regretting eating it, who could possibly resist DHOP pizza?

3. Dairy Bar

For all my ice cream lovers out there. the Dairy Bar is the perfect spot to indulge in cone of black raspberry chip ice cream. It is made fresh at the Dairy Bar so you know it can be nothing but superb. The Dairy Bar is also a great place to get a bite to eat with friends or before jumping on the train home. I highly recommend the pesto chicken sandwich. 10 out of 10.

4. Lexie’s

If you’re looking for a good burger and fries, Lexie’s is the place. They have all sorts of burgers, from the Green Muenster burger to the Fun Guy burger. Lexie’s probably has the most unique, but amazingly good burgers. Not to mention their truffle fries are to die for. A trip to Lexie’s wouldn’t be complete without their array of milkshakes. Being a chocolate lover, I always get their chocolate shake, but all of their shakes are worth the extra calories. The next time you want a burger, but not one from the dining hall, head to Lexie’s for a juicy burger with truffle fries and a shake, it is a must!   

5. The Works

If you’re in the mood for a good bagel, The Works is the spot to go. From bagels to sandwiches, you can’t go wrong with anything from The Works. My favorite thing is The Works bagel with herb cream cheese; it is so, so good. The Works also caters to those with a gluten allergy or gluten sensitivity. They have an assortment of gluten free muffins (although I have yet to try them). I also highly recommend getting a smoothie with your meal because they are honestly the best smoothies I have ever tried.  The next time you’re in the mood for a bagel head to The Works.     

Communication Major  Health Management Policy Minor  AXID Tour Guide
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!