This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Dear Emma,

Holy cow, you did it. You graduated from COLLEGE!!!! I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. You have worked so hard to get to where you are now and have overcome every obstacle that has faced you. Over the past three and a half years, you’ve done so much for me and everyone else around you. I am so thankful I am able to call you my best friend. 

When I first got to UNH, I didn’t think we’d become best friends. Quite honestly, I thought you would just be a friendly face I would see every now and then around campus. Boy am I thankful I was so wrong. You have made me a better person. You have listened to me and my problems and have never once judged me for my past. I could not be more grateful to have a friend like you who is so caring but honest. You give me the best advice too and challenge me to see things from different perspectives.

You’re now about to embark on an incredible journey. You have wanted to do this for so long and now the time has finally come. You’ll be traveling the world, creating new connections and incredible experiences you will never forget. I can’t wait to see and hear about all of the amazing things you’ll get to do like riding an elephant in Thailand or sipping coffee in Paris. Perhaps you’ll even meet a nice European man that we’ve always joked about.

I can’t wait to see what you do, both in your travels and in the rest of your life. You are the smartest person I know and I know you will make it very far in this world.

It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later. I love you with all of my heart.

XOXO,

Sofie

just your average nursing major trying to survive:)