Tips and Benefits for Managing Your Time

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Being able to manage your time effectively is an important skill to have, especially now in college and for your future. Managing your time can increase your productivity and decrease your stress so you can spend more time doing what you love and with people that you love.

Using a planner is a great resource to organize your assignments and tasks that need to be done. In the morning, I try to write down all my assignments with the due dates and I can see what needs to be completed. Writing it out all together is a good visual. I like to complete my work a few days before the actual due date because it relieves stress from worrying about a deadline. Additionally, I like to get my work done during the day so I can spend time with friends at night. If you can manage your time well during the day, it gives you the free time to try a workout class or watch a movie with friends later in the day!

If you don’t like to write things out and use a planner, there are also other ways to keep note of your tasks. You can use the Reminders and Calendar app on your iPhone. This is helpful because everyone has their phone with them all the time. You can set reminders with times and can mark off the tasks when completed. Checking things off can make you feel productive and accomplished. When using the Calendar app, you can put your class times and other activities you enjoy which helps to plan out your day.

Creating these habits will help you set goals and reserve studying time and time for yourself while getting the most out of your day. Managing your time can decrease habits like procrastination and stress or anxiety. Creating a routine for yourself can make you feel more productive when accomplishing your to-do list.

Maddy Montejo is currently a freshman at UNH with a business major. She is from Massachusetts. She loves to travel, the beach, and hang with friends.