Tim Tebow: Gone Before it Started

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The New England Patriots made a mistake when they released Tim Tebow last week. The Florida Gators legend has fallen on hard times in the NFL but still attracts media frenzy and is one of the most respected athletes in a league that is plagued with some unnecessary controvery. If we look back two seasons ago,  “tebowing” was sweeping the nation, when Tim Tebow was at the top of his game. Tim won game after game for the Denver broncos, so we have proof that he can be a winner.

His next season with the New York Jets was a disaster, but with the ongoing incompetence of Rex Ryan and the rest of that organization, we can see why. Rex Ryan might have been unable to get any use out of Tim Tebow but if any coach in the NFL can, it is Bill Bellicheck.  When the patriots released Tebow, they let go a fan favorite, and a player that could have been a valuable asset, particularly when it comes to scoring short touchdowns. His large, but athletic build could compete with nearly any defender in situations when Tom Brady is too valuable to risk.

So what’s next for Tim Tebow? He could possibly make it as a quarterback in the Canadian Football League, or arena football. But with injuries so prominent in the NFL, many analysts believe he will be picked up if a quarterback goes down. 

UNH '15
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!