Life > Experiences

Things to do if you’re staying home for spring break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We have officially reached the halfway point of the semester which means spring break is here! If you don’t have any big plans for the break that’s okay, there is nothing wrong with staying home during spring break. During your staycation, It is really important to take some time to relax and unwind before the second half of the semester. I put together a list of enjoyable and relaxing things to do if you are home for spring break this year! 

REst

Resting is so important during spring break. During the year we are always in go mode so just taking some time and getting that much-needed sleep is worth it!

SPEND TIME WITH family and Friends

If your friends and family are home while you’re home spend some time with them. During my spring break, I recently caught up with one of my high school friends and it was so nice to talk with her since we hadn’t seen each other in a while. 

Do something you Enjoy

During spring break, do something you enjoy that you don’t do enough daily. I sometimes find myself neglecting some of my interests because studying and work get in the way. Use spring break to find or do something that you enjoy. That might be going for a hike, reading, exercising, doing yoga, or playing a sport you miss, it can be anything. 

Watch Something New

I keep a list of movies and shows that I want to watch and spring break is a great time to start something new! I have been wanting to watch Love is Blind Season 2 and I just finished watching it over spring break.

Get the necessities done

If you want to be productive it can be good to get some life things done during spring break. For me, it was going to the dentist and getting my passport renewed. Although they were not the most exciting things in the world they were things I needed to get done. If you have been putting something off recently, spring break is a perfect time to do it!

Hope you have an enjoyable and safe spring break!

Hi I'm Julia Ignazio and I live in Massachusetts! I'm currently a freshman at UNH studying psychology.