Things To Look Forward to in 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.
  1. A new semester

A new year means a new semester. Whether that means not having an 8 a.m., taking better classes or a chance to save your GPA, it’s nice to have a fresh start. It’s hard not to look forward to coming back to UNH after 6 weeks away. It feels like you haven’t seen your school friends in years and you can’t stand being home for one more week. Sadly, classes go along with that, but try and make it your best semester yet!

2. Your new year’s resolution

Maybe 2017 will be the year you actually carry through with your new year’s resolution. It might seem intimidating to start it but the satisfaction you will get after will be well worth it. So put your doubts aside and hit the gym, apply for that internship, learn how to cook, or get that GPA you’ve been aiming for.

3. UNH gym

So if your resolution is to start hitting the gym or you’re just tired of how cramped the gym is, it’s good to hear that the Hamel renovations and expansion will be completely done in January 2017. So when we get back from winter break we’ll have a brand new gym compete with plenty of machines, weights, courts, and designated group exercise rooms.

4. Spring break

Chances are if you are going anywhere, you’ve already planned it and are counting down the days until you are laying on a beach, as far away from homework and responsibilities as possible. Whether you are getting some sun in Punta Cana, taking a road trip in the States, or just taking some much needed R&R at home, by the time March comes around we will all be ready for a week away.

5. Super bowl LI

After last year’s huge disappointment for us New England fans, we’re hoping the Pats will make it this year and February 5th will have a better outcome. Either way, even if you’re team doesn’t make it, it is still something sports fans look forward to all season.

6. New movies and TV shows

You would be lying if you said you weren’t looking forward to watching some of the movies coming in next year. There’s 50 Shades Darker, Beauty and the Beast, and Fast and Furious 8. If movies aren’t your thing then most likely the newest season of your favorite TV show is coming back on. Yes, I’m talking about Grey’s Anatomy, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, and Orange is the New Black. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!