This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Springtime in New Hampshire means the start of warmer weather, longer days, and more time to be outside. The weather is the perfect in between before it starts to get hot. During the spring, I love going outside to get some fresh air, and I think there are so many great ways to enjoy the warm weather. Here are some suggestions on how to have fun this spring!

Hang out on T-Hall Lawn

Something fun to do on campus in the springtime is to hang out on T-Hall lawn. It is a great place to do some work for classes or just catch up with friends. People are always spending time out on the lawn, either playing catch, meeting up with friends or studying for class, making it a great option for a sunny day. Next time you’re unsure on how to spend some free time, grab a blanket, head to T-Hall Lawn and relax in the sun on a warm spring day.

Visit Downtown Portsmouth

During the pandemic, it is important to be cautious and safe. Spending time in downtown Portsmouth is the perfect option for a nice spring weekend if you feel safe doing so. If you are comfortable enough going out to eat, there are a wide variety of restaurants to dine at. If you would prefer to stay outside and be socially distant from people, walk around the downtown with a mask on and just enjoy the fresh air. Strawberry Banke and Prescott Park are great places to check out. Either way, there are many things to do in Portsmouth, especially with the warm weather. 

Go to the Beach

One of my favorite things to do when the weather warms up is to go to the beach. I enjoy sitting on the sand and watching the waves. It is probably too cold to actually go in the water, but it is still a fun little getaway from campus and is a great way to soak up the sun. Grab a few of your friends and head to the beach to relax, do homework, or take a scenic walk. 

I hope my suggestions were helpful! 

-Sophia

Hi I'm Sophia Badala! I am a senior here at UNH studying Business Administration with a focus in Marketing. This is my fourth year writing for Her Campus and I love being a part of this team!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!