A Thank You Letter to my Durham T-Shirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

A THANK YOU to my Durham T-Shirt,

I’d like to start by simply thanking you for all the times we’ve had over these past few semesters together. Although you may have multiplied in quantity, still know how important each of you are to my wardrobe (& honestly my well-being). Who would’ve thought my impulsive $5 purchase at the Rite-Aid checkout counter would have led to such a crucial fashion statement…?

Thank you for being my go to shirt:

For my dreaded 8 a.m.’s

No one likes waking up before the sun rises, but not having to pick out an outfit to wear to those early morning classes makes it a little more bearable. Here in Durham, we prefer comfort>cute & that starts with 8 a.m’s.

For the theme parties when I have nothing else to wear

Going out on the weekends is all fun and games until you run out of fun & flirty outfits to show off. Luckily, here in Wildcat Country wearing an oversized Durham t-shirt & Converse out is all the rage. Plus, it’s so much more comfortable to dance like this anyway.

For the mornings after the theme parties when I wake up in the same shirt

After a night out, the longest process usually includes changing and getting ready for bed. However, when you’re Durham t-shirt was what you wore out that night, it makes since to sleep in the comfortable cotton too.

For the regular weekday nights when it’s my go-to pajama choice

Fleece and thermal pajama sets are nice at first, and they definitely look cute, but let’s face it you usually wake up in a pool of sweat. Wearing your Durham t-shirt to bed is the perfect alternative.

For all the football tailgates & hockey games

When you started school at UNH, it seemed like you had enough navy & white apparel to last a lifetime as a Wildcat. Although it seems over the years, all those t-shirts and sweatshirts seem to disappear and you’re stuck wearing the free shirt from freshman orientation. The Durham t-shirt is a perfect way to show your pride when this happens.

For the times I run out of laundry

Somehow all the Cat’s Cache went straight to Wildkitty & the Spot this month & you have to wait until the next weekend home to do laundry.  Rite Aid’s always there to welcome you with open arms with a few new Durham t’s to hold you over until your home.

For every single day I want to show how proud I am to be a member of the Durham community

This one explains itself. 

University of New Hampshire, Class of 2018 Campus Correspondent Please contact me if you would like to join our team!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!