This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

SCOPE concerts are notorious on campus for bringing students together to have a great time! Celebrating music is truly incredible, and we get a chance to be a part of it again! T-Pain, Metro Boomin, and PnB Rock are coming for Durham and we couldn’t be more excited!!

Justin Randle, UNH junior and member of the publicity department at SCOPE, talked to me about the long, often difficult booking process and how they’re able to make a fantastic show a reality. When brainstorming, members make lists of artists they feel that “represent the desire of the student body, put on a great performance, and send the campus into a frenzy.” According to Justin, one of the main factors they also search for is the relevance of the artist. “We want to book artists who are on the rise in their career,” he explains, “or present us with a great opportunity financially. When we booked T Pain, we came to an agreement that he was relevant on this campus. We were able to book him at a great price and were ecstatic!” SCOPE then decides who will be accompanying the main act. “Metro Boomin and PnB Rock came shortly after. We knew that both were extremely relevant names in hip hop and are great performers.”  

Can’t wait to jam to those great throwbacks and also hear some new songs! Here are some key tracks and straight facts about the performers! :

T-Pain:

An American rapper, songwriter, and producer, he’s a triple threat. T-Pain (for “Tallahassee Pain”, honoring his hometown in Florida) is best known for his fun rhymes and crazy dance moves. He first found his love for music at 10 years old, turning his room into a music studio using a keyboard, beat machine, and four-track recorder. He rose to fame being behind the music, then making his own songs and working with other rappers (Kanye, Akon, Lil Wayne, B.o.B, and Chris Brown to name a few!). Just this past Friday (11/17), he released a new album Oblivion! When you hear his voice beam through the speakers, you know the party’s gettin’ started!

Key Tracks:

‘Buy U a Drank’, ‘Can’t Believe It’, ‘Dan Bilzerian’, ‘Bartender’, ‘Textin’ My Ex’ , 

Justin’s pick: “My favorite T Pain song is definitely Bartender. I smile every time I hear that song!”

Metro Boomin:

Another popular producer, Metro Boomin has been featured in so many songs from 21 Savage to Migos, Gucci Mane, Drake and Future, and many more. Living in St.Louis, he first explored his fascination for music in the 7th grade, making beats from his laptop. By networking on social media sites like Twitter, he improved his production skills and got recognized by many artists to collaborate with him on new music. “Currently,” says Justin, “ Metro has produced 10% of the songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart”. We’re definitely happy to have him on campus!

Key Tracks/features:

‘No Complaints’, ‘Rap Saved Me’, ‘Bad and Boujee’, ‘Bounce Back’, ‘Bank Account’, 

Justin’s pick: “Picking a favorite Metro Boomin song is so tough! He produced ‘Wicked’ by Future, which is one of my favorite songs.”

PnB Rock:

Originating from Philly, PnB Rock bursted onto the music scene in 2014 by making debut mixtapes. Then, he signed with Atlantic Records and crafted his first two retail mixtapes: RNB3 and GTTM: Going Thru the Motions, which includes two platinum singles. He later appeared on two songs of The Fate of The Furious soundtrack, “Gang Up” and “Horses”. Just this past Friday (11/17), he released his third album Catch These Vibes!

Key Tracks:

“Selfish”, “Playa No More”, “Smile”, “Feelins” “Scrub”, “Notice Me” 

Justin’s pick: “His song, ‘Selfish’, is amazing all around!”

Listen to the key tracks to prep for the concert! Thanks to SCOPE for their hard work and dedication to produce an awesome show! Have an amazing time (and be safe!!), everyone!

Hi I'm Bri! I'm an English major with a minor in Communication from CT. I've been a Contributing Writer to the Her Campus UNH Chapter since October 2016. For the Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 school year, I was promoted to Senior Editor. The women at HC-UNH are truly amazing, displaying strength and emotion in their writing. I love being a part of the team, and reading many perspectives on music, academics, life, and relationships. 
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!