Life > Academics

Study Tips to Finish out the Spring Semester

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We have been back at school for some time and it can be easy to get distracted when trying to finish up assignments for the semester. So I wanted to share some tips that might work to help regain focus and help you to finish the semester strong!

• I always start out the week on Sunday setting goals and assignments that I want to accomplish for the week. This helps me to know what I need to get done and what I have going on that week in terms of assignments, exams and projects. I love having an agenda with everything I have to accomplish that week. This helps me to move into Monday feeling prepared for the week in what I have to do.
  • Taking breaks! These are so important for your learning. I have found it’s more productive to study or work on an assignment for shorter increments and take breaks versus working/studying for hours on end. Taking care of your mind and allowing breaks will lead to a much more effective use of your time and energy.
  • Getting enough sleep! You can’t do your best academic work off no sleep, so making sure to give yourself a good nights rest before tests can be crucial in your success. Going to bed a little earlier and waking up earlier has better outcomes than pulling an all nighter before an exam.
  • Join a study group or find a tutor! This can be very beneficial to grasping confusing concepts, and there is no shame in seeking help. Seeking help shows a strength not a weakness. Knack is a very helpful tutoring platform that UNH provides towards students for free, and I highly recommend it.
  • Last but not least, make sure to find time to do things you love (non school-related)! Whether that be taking a walk, baking, watching a movie or shopping.
Molly Sullivan is majoring in nursing. She loves to do anything outdoors such as mountain biking, skiing, golfing as well as cooking and baking.