This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Decorating the Christmas tree, baking cookies, cozying up by a fire while snow falls softly outside. There is a lot about Christmas that I love, but one part of the traditional festivities trumps the rest: STOCKINGS.

Ever since I can remember the stockings over the mantle intrigued me even more than the nicely wrapped gifts underneath the tree. The mixed bag of random trinkets has always been the most exciting thing to look through and shop for. Stockings should provide a fun variety of items that can be used but aren’t necessarily essential. It’s especially easy to find gifts for women because so many stores offer miniature versions of pampering products like Bath&Body Works. Here are some stocking stuffer ideas for any female in your life.

Bath&Body Works:
As mentioned above, Bath&Body Works offers a wide variety of smaller gifts specifically for the holidays. Travel-sized body butters and shimmer mists make the perfect surprise for any stocking. The shop also offers a three for $10 miniature mix and match body care deal, with shower gels, body lotions and fragrance mists. Shea butter infused socks, holiday inspired lip glosses and adorable snowman shaped hand soap dispensers, round out the store’s stocking stuffer specific items, with nothing over $10.

Candy:
‘Tis the season to say screw it to dieting and indulge a little-just don’t overdo it…Candy is a stocking stuffer staple, so have fun with it! Candy button sleeves and Pop Rocks are a fun nod to childhood. Christmas color foiled peanut butter cups, Hershey’s Kisses and Rolo candies are seasonal and a Russell Stovers chocolate Santa is a must. Hot chocolate is always another nice idea for someone with a sweet tooth. Accompany the cocoa with mini marshmallows and call it snowman poop-cheesy but hey, who doesn’t love snowman poop?

Mark:
Mark always has a lot of cute and quality products but they amp it up during the holiday season, with gift giving in mind. This year is no different with a bevy of presents at meetmark.com. Products include a small glittery purse filled with lip glosses, an all over face palette of shimmer cream cubes, a make-up brush case filled with the essentials, and seasonal nail polishes in metallic berry and metallic taupe shades-you get both polishes for $7. Mark’s hook-up sets are also prime for a stocking. Peruse miniature glosses, eye shadows, concealers and mascaras, then purchase a small hook-up connector that keeps two products together in one stick.

Get crafty:
If you love to puff paint here’s your perfect excuse. Making presents is always a thoughtful route to go, and with a stocking there are plenty of smaller things to create. Try a picture frame, small shadow box to capture the holiday spirit, or buy a small glass votive holder for a candle at Michael’s to decorate.

Other staples that never fail:
Is there a new CD or favorite DVD that your stocking recipient just has to have?!?! Stockings are the perfect size to fit either of the aforementioned gifts. Gift cards to their favorite stores are also always a safe bet.

Virtually anything small can make for a good stocking stuffer. Either way stockings should be fun, and it’s always a good idea to include items for your recipient to pamper themselves with. Who wouldn’t love that?

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.