This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you blew through your summer savings and can only dream of a spring break full of palm trees and pina coladas. You’ll be headed home, several hours from campus and probably all of your college friends. But, this doesn’t mean your week off has to be a total bust.

As college students, it always seems like a constant struggling between having either too much time or simply not enough. Use this week off of classes and org meetings to catch up on some things you fell behind on. Even though pretending like you have everything together in college almost becomes second skin, we all have things we’ve put on the back burner that still need to get done. Update your planner for the upcoming weeks and try to catch up on the readings your professor assigned that you know you were too lazy to do.

Use this time to pamper yourself. Read the book that’s been collecting dust on your shelf since winter break. Grab some hometown friends and spend the afternoon at a cute coffee shop or even take some time to go get your nails done. Follow it up by getting a bite to eat at your favorite hometown restaurant Utilize this free time in your schedule to focus on only you, not the grades, exams, or internship applications. You deserve to treat yourself when you can and there’s no better place to do it than the town who shaped you into the person you are today.

Spend some time with your family. Sometimes we get so caught up in what’s going on in our lives at school that we ignore everything going on in our family’s. Four years of college seems to fly by and eventually so will the days we used to spend eating Sunday brunch with our families. Before we know it we’ll all be in the real world on our own without the comfort of home. Cherish the little time you have left in between all the noise, you’ll be thankful you did.

Spring break on Instagram may sound great when you’re snowed in the house and it’s 30 degrees outside. But, you don’t have to be at a destination for your spring break to be well spent.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!