This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As Valentine’s Day rolls around, I wanted to take some time to reflect on my relationship, which is coming up on two years. To preface this, it has truly been two of the best years of my life. 

Towards the end of my freshman year of college, I met Shane. When I first met him, all I knew about him was that he was in a fraternity, played soccer and was kind of funny. I didn’t exactly have any intention of getting into a relationship, but I thought “eh, he’s cute why not give it a shot”. Thank goodness I did. As our relationship progressed, I fell hard.

So, a special thank you to Shane for loving me unconditionally. In high school, I hid my insecurities and never truly let my guard down. You embraced all of my flaws and my quirkiness and thanks to you I am comfortable with myself and the happiest with myself I have ever been. You treat me like a princess, like nothing I’ve ever known, and sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve you. 

Thank you for being a shoulder to lean on, for listening to me ramble on about who knows what, for watching all my favorite rom-com’s with me, for trying all the crazy activities my family does without complaints (well, minimal complaints), for introducing me to Carlson’s, for driving me around everywhere, and for being there for me no matter what. I’m not sure I can put into words how much you mean to me, but hopefully you already know. 

Here’s to many more!

Love always, Sara 

Hi:) I'm a junior at the University of New Hampshire majoring in Communication and minoring in Business Administration! Aside from writing for HerCampus, I am usually either doing homework or going to the gym. But, when I have a free second I love hanging out with friends, scrolling through Pinterest, or getting outside and going running or hiking! :)