This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If your music habits are similar to mine, it’s around time for a seasonal playlist refresher! 

With the quick approach of spring, I’m pushing some of my fall favorites to the side, (only temporarily), even though I’ll miss having them on repeat. Amy Winehouse and Taylor Swift would never leave my library permanently; I’ll see them again in September, or beforehand if I have the urge to cry listening to “All Too Well,” and recover with “Back To Black”. The ultimate duo, I swear.

I don’t know about you, but during the spring I love listening to songs that feel like spring. Each season has a category of music that just feels right – it’s not something that’s too specific, just music with a vibe that feels like that season. To me, songs of the spring are those songs that feel like the start of something exciting; the songs that lead up to the high energy music of the summer. The songs that aren’t quite too energetic, but aren’t as slow as songs in the winter – those are the songs of the spring.

If you’re looking to add some new music to your library for this spring, here are some of my newest additions.

hello! – ROLE MODEL (3:08)

The Kiss of Venus – Paul McCartney, Dominic Fike (2:23) 

OUTTA MY MIND – Monsune (3:46)

The Adults Are Talking – The Strokes (5:09)

Cafe in LA – 4rif (2:33)

AMAZING – Rex Orange County (3:28)

Honey – Moxie (3:17)

Westside – carpetgarden (3:00)

Rocky – Still Woozy (2:46)

Shut up My Moms Calling – Hotel Ugly (2:44)

I have to admit that Shut Up My Moms Calling has been on almost all of my playlists since a friend recommended it to me, so no, it’s not new, but it’s a favorite. 

Just a side note- if you haven’t yet, I’d recommend listening to Emma Chamberlain’s podcast, “Anything Goes With Emma Chamberlain.” You can find it on multiple platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts. She touches on so many topics, especially mental health, so check it out if you think you’d be interested. There’s no better time to listen to a podcast than during your spring cleaning!

Click here for a mini Spotify playlist with all these songs.

Music has an insane effect on our moods and, honestly, how we view the world around us. Each song brings something new to the table. Try something new, you might love it!

Enjoy your spring! :)

Studying Hospitality Management with a double minor in Writing and Design Studies.