This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

What May Be Causing Your Acne?

Do you suffer from breakouts in one specific area? This may be the solution for you. Skin Mapping shows you the area you are specifically getting acne & why this might be happening. There is no proof that these are guaranteed to help, but when you start breaking out, you’re bound to try anything to get rid of it. By taking a look at the this photo you can see that there is areas numbered  1-14. I’ll give you the break down of what this all means.

Area 1 & 3 – This is where your Bladder and Digestive System is affected through your face. Try drinking more water and starting a healthy diet.

Area 2 – This is your liver, have you recently been drinking more alcohol then usual, try to cut back!

Area 4 & 10 – This is your kidneys, you may be dehydrated so try cutting out as many sodas & alcohol and trading them for water.

Area 5 & 9 – This is your respiratory system; this may affect you because of smoking or you may have allergies to certain things.

Area 6 & 8 – Keep drinking lots of water, your kidneys are causing those dark circles.

Area 7 – This is from the heart; make sure your blood pressure is stable.

Area 12 – This is your stomach telling you it’s time to change your diet, skip the burger from McDonald’s and trade it for a salad or fiber bar.

Area 11 & 13 – This is prominent in woman going through menopause due to their hormones changing. If you notice you’re suffering from acne in this area it is important to schedule a doctor’s appointment to make sure your hormones are in balance.

Area 14 – Have you been feeling sick lately? This could mean your body is fighting off an illness.

Licensed Cosmetologist and Esthetician in the State of New Hampshire. Currently attending the University of New Hampshire for my Business Degree. I hope to one day work in New York City and attend Makeup Designory. In my future I see myself owning my own salon and spa while being involved in the fashion industry. I hope I can bring you the latest on everything beauty and am so excited to be a part of Her Campus UNH. I have done events like the WERZ & Z100 Bridal Show and The Miss New Hampshire USA pageant, volunteering and doing hair.Contact: oyashxx@aim.com
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!