This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Do you ever find yourself at the end of the day wanting to treat yourself to a delicious and refreshing beverage sipped out of a fancy cup? Enter the mocktail: a beverage that has all the ingredients of a cocktail—minus the alcohol. Besides the proven health benefits of abstaining from alcohol, these mocktails will also help you not break the bank on going out for drinks without making you feel like you’re missing out! Whether you’re sober curious, still waiting to turn 21, want to continue with Dry January, or simply wanting to give your body a break from alcohol, there’s a mocktail for every season and flavor palette! Non-alcoholic drinks don’t have to be boring, so here are some must try mocktails to get you started. 

Sweet Sunrise

If a tequila sunrise is a drink that you reach for, then this orange juice-and-grenadine alternative can greet you every morning and transport you to a vacation destination. 

Ingredients: 

• 4 to 6 ounces of orange juice
  • ½ to 1 ounce of grenadine
  • 1 orange slice

Instructions: 

Fill a tall glass with orange juice and ice. Add grenadine and an orange slice to top it all off.

Virgin Moscow Mule

Try this chic alternative to the all-time classic cocktail: the Moscow mule. This spin-off is such a crisp and refreshing drink with the tangy lime juice and the spicy ginger beer. Add some mint leaves and honey for both presentation and taste!

Ingredients:

• 4 to 5 cucumber slices
  • 1 ounce of honey syrup
  • 1.5 ounces of fresh lime juice
  • 1.5 ounces of ginger beer
  • Ice

Instructions:

Muddle the cucumber and honey syrup into the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add lime juice to the mix, then shake with ice. Pour the liquid into a copper mug for the iconic touch of a Moscow mule. Sprinkle in ginger beer and stir.

Pineapple Mint Mojito

When the temperatures get hot, this refreshing mix of lime and mint will help quench your thirst and make you feel like you’re in paradise. 

Ingredients:

• 10 fresh mint leaves
  • Sweetener of your choice
  • ¼ cup of pineapple juice
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • ½ cup of club soda

Instructions:

Place the mint leaves and sweetener into a cocktail shaker. Add the pineapple juice, lime juice, and ice, and shake. Strain into a tall glass with ice and fill the rest with the club soda. Garnish with mint leaves.

Spicy Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca

Are you someone that likes a little spice in your life? This sweet and spicy combo is light and refreshing enough to have you making more than one serving. The pink color from the watermelon is an added bonus, making this mocktail both look and taste good!

Ingredients: 

• 2 cups of cold water
  • 2 cups of watermelon, seeded and chopped
  • 1 tbsp of lime juice
  • Mint leaves
  • ½ jalapeño, roughly chopped

• Ice cubes or crushed ice (optional)

Instructions:

Combine all of the ingredients and puree until smooth. Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher. Chill and serve.

Virgin Paloma

If you’re looking to skip the rum and focus on the flavors of the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, lime juice, and agave syrup, then get ready to make this drink. This version of the classic Paloma is a little sweet, a little salty, and the right amount of sour. Don’t forget to add a pinch of salt at the end to tie the whole drink together before you enjoy it!

Ingredients:

• 1.5 oz of lime juice
  • 1 oz of grapefruit juice
  • 1 oz of agave syrup
  • A pinch of sea salt

Instructions:

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice. Strain over ice into a Collins glass and top with soda.

Sparkling Sangria Mocktail

Let’s be real, it’s always sangria season. This recipe features a grape juice blend infused with apples, oranges, lemons and limes, plus cloves and cinnamon for a festive kick. Serve this sure-to-please mocktail warm in the cooler months, and iced in the spring! 

Ingredients:

• grape juice (white or red) 
  • sparkling water
  • cranberry juice or orange juice 
  • chopped fruit (grapes, oranges, tangerines, peaches, strawberries, apples, blueberries)
  • ice
  • chopped herbs and fresh citrus slices, to garnish

Instructions:

Add the grape juice, orange juice, sparkling water and chopped fruit to a large pitcher or drink dispenser. Place the Sangria mocktail in the fridge and let it chill for a minimum of 1 hour.

Remove from the fridge, top with ice and garnish your drink with herbs and fruit before serving.

UNH nursing student, beach bum, book worm, and health & wellness lover from Cape Cod, MA!