Wellness

Self-Care Sundays: A Weekly Routine for Relaxation and Rejuvenation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

While some might dread Sundays as it is the start to a new week, I have transformed my Sundays to be more relaxing than ever. It all starts with making a routine you actually enjoy doing. Whether you unwind with a deep self-care routine, enjoy a good book or simply take a moment to chill in the stillness of the day, creating a relaxing Sunday can set the tone for a peaceful and rejuvenating week ahead. Here’s a weekly routine you can follow to make the most of your Self-Care Sundays:

Start slow I love to start my Sundays off nice and slow. That might mean enjoying a yummy brunch or letting yourself sleep in. Giving yourself that extra time to start off the morning leisurely will help refresh you for the long week ahead.

Get outside Spend some time outdoors, whether it’s on a walk, taking a hike or simply sitting in your backyard. Nature can be incredibly rejuvenating and relaxing; it also has a calming effect on the mind.

Reflection and planning Take some time to review your goals and priorities for the upcoming week. Make a to-do list or set intentions for the week ahead. This will help you feel more organized and in control.

Meal prep Meal prep can save you a significant amount of time during the week. Since your meals are already prepared, you won’t need to spend as much time cooking or deciding what to eat each day. Preparing meals at home is often more cost-effective than eating out or ordering takeout regularly.

Read or journal Get lost in a good book or spend some time journaling your thoughts and feelings. This is a great way to reflect on the past week and set intentions for the week ahead.

Self-care spa session Dedicate some time to pampering yourself. Run a warm bath with your favorite essential oils, use a face mask and indulge in a skincare routine. I love to put a hair mask on and relax while I do the rest of my routine. Start with your haircare routine then move on to skincare.

Early bedtime Try to go to bed a bit earlier than usual to ensure you get a good night’s sleep and wake up feeling refreshed on Monday. Incorporating an early bedtime into your routine is a simple yet powerful way to support your physical and mental health. Remember that self-spa routines can be customized to your preferences and needs, so feel free to adapt this routine to what makes you feel most relaxed and pampered. The key is to prioritize self-care and create a peaceful oasis at home.

Remember that Self-Care Sundays should be a time to recharge and rejuvenate. Tailor this routine to your preferences and needs, and don’t hesitate to adapt it over time. Consistently practicing self-care can significantly improve your overall well-being and help you face the challenges of the upcoming week with a refreshed perspective.

University of New Hampshire’24 Business Administration Major