Sayward Allen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Look out for this week’s campus cutie, Sayward Allen on the Libby’s dance floor breaking it down with his go to move- the sprinkler.

Name: Sayward Allen

Grade: Senior

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Lee, NH

Describe yourself in 3 words: I would describe myself as intelligent, charming, earnest and fastidious. You get four because I am much more than a regular guy.

UNH FavoritesFavorite dining hall Philly all the way.  It’s the best food of the three and never too packed.  On the note of dining halls I’ve only been to Stillings once in my 4 years here and I am still not sure what it has to offer besides proximity to the outskirts of campus.

Favorite place on campusTo be honest Kingsbury Hall has to take the cake.  Being an involved student I spend a lot of my time buried in my studies amongst my fellow classmates. Kingsbury is a wonderful place with all sorts of exciting student organizations, I just try to find some time to escape on the weekends.

Favorite place off campusLibby’s, it has everything you need.

Favorite classTech 797, I have devoted most of my senior year to building an underwater robot, which is going to be an incredible accomplishment to show my immense amount of knowledge gained in my short time here at UNH.

Favorite professorI can’t say that I have a favorite professor, all of my professors are brilliant in their own ways and that’s what makes them so interesting.

Favorite Unh sporting event UNH tailgating.  Its involved in every sport if you’re a true fan.

FavoritesFavorite item of clothing – I’m a realist so I keep it simple with the Tee.  There are times to dress up and I do it damn well, but on the average day nothing is more comfortable than throwing on a soft tee.

Favorite color– Red, it’s a symbol of a lot of things but to be honest I just like it because it’s vivid and grabs my attention.

Favorite movie– To me there is no tougher question.  I’ve seen a lot of movies from classics through new age thrillers.  If I had to pick it would have to be Good Will Hunting.

Favorite sport to watch– I grew up a hockey player and there is no sport more intense and thrilling than hockey.  The game is high pace and just as exciting to watch.

Favorite sport to play– Hockey, no sport better combines crushing hits and crazy goals better than skating around a caged rink with a bunch of goons.

Favorite hobby– As a thrill seeker mountain biking really is one of my favorite hobbies.  Nothing feels freer than racing through the woods at a rampant rate, on the line of out of control.  

What he’s looking for in a girl?

Hair color/eye color- I like the simple things, elegance is best kept refined.

Qualities- Intelligent, funny and beautiful inside and out.

Deal Breakers-  On the verge of basic but not aware, if you’re basic accept it.

Describe your ideal date- On the spot and spontaneous and preferably something outdoors.  I find myself spending too much time in a little world indoors.  I’m always down for an exciting adventure.

or

-Any date where I could experience the Seven Wonders of the World in one day would just about make my life.

How do you feel about girls Halloween costumes? I think that girls Halloween costumes stretch a wide spectrum of what is acceptable and that attributes to how great the holiday is.

What is your go to move on the Libby’s dance floor? The sprinkler, it gets so hot down there sometimes you just got to hose it all down.

Dream girl or dream vacation? Dream girl, there is nothing worth doing in this world if there is no one to share the experiences with.

Fun Facts

Dream job- As a car guy I dream of nothing less than being the test driver for Koenigsegg which in my opinion is the worlds greatest hypercar company.

Celebrity crush- Taylor Swift. I don’t mean to brag but I’m pretty sure she has written a song or two about me.

Campus crush- Why stick to specifics, there are a lot of ladies out there.

Pet peeve- Ignorant people, open up and realize what the world has to offer

UNH '15