Say Hello to HC Co-Presidents Lydia Brown & Emily Luc

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Say HELLO to HC Co-Presidents 2016-2017: Lydia Brown & Emily Luc

Lydia & Emily are both seniors ( & best friends!) serving as Co-Presidents for the 2016-2017 school year! When they joined HC, they immediately fell in love with the organization and knew they wanted to become more involved. Today, they are leading their chapter at the University of New Hampshire to greatness with all their amazing ideas from chapter bonding to external events to implement on campus. Just three weeks into school, it is already obvious Her Campus will be making an even larger presence for themselves in Durham. At U-Day this past week, Lydia and Emily were able to recruit a plethora of new women to register and our new member meeting this past week was a huge success. We are SO excited to see what great things Lydia & Emily will do for the chapter in the next few months and already anxious about how we will fill the enormous shoes following their graduation in the sping… 

MEET LYDIA…

Hometown: Hollis, NH 

Grade: Senior 

Major: Communication, Business Applications

Involvement on Campus: Her Campus UNH, Communication Honor Society

Summer 16 Job/ Internship: Human Resources Intern at Elbit Systems of America

Dream job: Flight Attendant

Favorite food: Acai Bowls

Favorite pre-game song: Sorry- Justin Bieber

Favorite color: Pink

Favorite TV show: One Tree Hill UNH Quick Facts…

Hoco or Philly? Philly

Libby’s or Scorps? Scorps

Homecoming or Cinco? Both!

Dimond or Paul? Paul

DHOP or Dominos? Dominos

Football games or hockey games? Football!

Shack or Coffee Craving? Shack

Getting to Know Lydia as HC President…

How long have you been apart of Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus the second semester of my sophomore year, so this is my 4th semester!

Did you know from the very beginning that you would like to serve as president someday?

No, I never would have thought I would become president!

What’s been your favorite part of being a part of the organization so far?

I love meeting new people in all grades!

Do you have any ideas or changes you would like to make to Her Campus this year that differ from previous years?

I would really like to make the members closer. I hope to have a social or cocktail and more bonding events.

As the current President, how would you describe HC to other woman who might be interested in joining?

Her Campus is an online magazine where college women contribute and can write about any topic they desire to; it’s a lot of fun and a great way to enhance your resume.

Although graduation is months away, time is slowly running out. As you think back, what are some of your favorite memories from your time at UNH so far?

My favorite memories are probably Homecoming, making tons of new friends and making great connections with successful people.

Going off this, what are some things you still want to cross off your bucket list before you graduate?

Get a job!

Any big plans following graduation?

I would like to travel Europe for a few weeks before working the rest of my life away… lol

MEET EMILY…

Grade: Senior

Major:  Communication

Involvement on Campus: Club Volleyball

Summer 16 Job/ Internship: Her Campus National Office

Dream job: Working at a top media agency

Favorite food: Buffalo Chicken Calzone

Favorite pre-game song: New York City by The Chainsmokers

Favorite color: Black

Favorite TV show: How I Met Your Mother 

UNH Quick Facts…

Hoco or Philly? Philly

Libby’s or Scorps? I’ll let you know when I turn 21 on October 29th

Homecoming or Cinco? Homecoming

Dimond or Paul? Paul

DHOP or Dominos? DHOP

Football games or hockey games? Hockey, unless it’s homecoming then football

Shack or Coffee Craving? Coffee Craving

Getting to know Emily as President…

I have been apart of HC for 3 years.

Honestly I never thought about being president, but I knew that I wanted some involvement on the executive board.

Being a part of Her Campus has given me the opportunity to intern at the national office and meet a bunch of amazing girls along the way.

Getting to know the girls better, putting on more events and letting people know about Her Campus and what it is.

Her Campus is a online magazine for college women written by college women that allows girls to express themselves and express their creativity. It’s a place where you feel empowered and you get to meet a bunch of empowering females and bond through similar goals and experiences.

Although graduation is months away, time is slowly running out. As you think back, what are some of your favorite memories from your time at UNH so far? Going off this, what are some things you still want to cross off your bucket list before you graduate?

My favorite memory was probably studying abroad in Rome. It was the best four months of my life. If anyone has the chance to study abroad, I highly recommend it!!

Any plans following graduation?

I want to travel around Asia for a couple of weeks and then maybe find a big girl job!

University of New Hampshire, Class of 2018 Campus Correspondent Please contact me if you would like to join our team!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!