legally blonde icky valentines day?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
legally blonde icky valentines day?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MGM

Rom-Coms That’ll Heal the Post V-Day Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Have you ever gone to a concert and felt sad, for no reason, the next day? The post-concert depression consists mostly of sadness, looking at pictures and videos from the night before, and just wishing you were there again. Valentine’s Day gives a similar feeling the day after, at least for me. For the first two weeks of February, and maybe even some of January, most people are anticipating Valentine’s Day. The build up to the 14th makes the days after, and even the day of, feel pretty disappointing. There’s more variety to it though – the sadness can come from many things depending on your situation. Being single, seeing couples posting on Instagram for each other or going out to dinner on a date, all dressed up, is like a smack in the face. It’s a reminder that you don’t have a significant other, which on a day that’s all about love, sucks. If you aren’t single, the day after might hold something similar to post-concert depression for you. Looking back to pictures of your date, the picnic, or maybe the movie night you had on V-day, makes you wish it was still happening. 

The most solid cure I have for this is simply a day full of rom-coms and treating yourself to the leftover candy. If you have a better solution, I’m all ears. I’ve put together a list of my all-time favorite rom-coms. Even if you absolutely do not relate to the post V-day blues, everyone loves a good rom-com. I’ve already watched at least three of these this week, and I hope you find one that you’ll be adding to your watch list!

When Harry Met Sally

“Blended”

“13 Going on 30”

“The Wedding Planner”

“Spanglish”

“10 Things I Hate About You”

(so good ^)

“How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”

“Mamma Mia!”

“27 Dresses”

“The Proposal”

“She’s All That”

“She’s The Man”

“Love, Simon”

Each of these are pretty different, so if something isn’t quite your taste, keep looking!

Here’s a reminder to leave off with: Valentine’s Day isn’t all about romantic relationships. It’s a great day to appreciate your friends and family! Or even just the heart decorations (probably my favorite part). It’s also a great day to appreciate yourself.

Studying Hospitality Management with a double minor in Writing and Design Studies.