Pump Up Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Do you ever get in those moods where you want to blast your favorite song and just get stuff done? Well these apps are the perfect solution. No matter what your music preference is we’ve got your answers for it all. Whether you’re working out, studying or pre-gamming with your friends, there’s a perfect playlist for everything.  If you anything like me, having new music is the best way to pump me up for the gym or a major study sesh.

Pandora

We all know and love Pandora. It’s a simple fast way to listen to music you like just by typing in the song or artists that interest you. You can favorite the songs you love and skip the ones you don’t. You can never go wrong with Pandora.

For Working Out: Try Gril Talk, Alternative Endurance, or Call Me Maybe Radio (trust us on this one)

For Studying: Try Third Eye Blind, Empire State of Mind, or Collie Budz Radio

For Dartying: Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, or Luke Bryan Radio

For Pregamming: Ja Rule, Rihanna, or Red Hot Chili Peppers Radio (Chili Peps if you’re sipping brews, Rihanna if you’re taking shots)

For Relaxing: Bon Iver, Lumineers, Ben Harper Radio

8Tracks

8Tracks is hands down my go-to app for music. Its perfect for anything I’m doing. It allows you to pick from playlists like studying, breakups, getting ready, work out and mashups. Just to name a few! From there you can pick from what genre of music you like whether it be country, rap, house music and so on.  Then they generate the ultimate playlist for whatever your doing. It’s easy to navigate and there is always new music. My personal favorites for the gym are “Mash up your Run” and “Get me to Spring Break.”  This app allows you to favorite the songs you like and then go back and look at them later. 8Tracks even lets you download the songs you’ve liked or it brings you to their YouTube page. You can’t go wrong with this app!

Spotify

Spotify is a great way to find the music you like and listen to it for free! You can search songs and download them to your playlist or listen to the radio stations they offer to you.  This is a good app if you want to create your own personal playlist of the songs you love.