Preppy Indie Style: Harry Slepian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Harry Slepian, UNH ’16, Sudio Art Major

How would you describe your style?

I’m not really sure, preppy indie I guess?

What would you never be caught wearing?

Sweatpants, or even more sweatpants and a sweatshirt at the same time

One item from your closet you can’t live without?

I’m weirdly attached to my Wayfarer glasses

Favorite designers?

As far as menswear I would kill for anything from Burberry Prorsum, any recent collection. Christopher Bailey knows exactly how to take classic looks and give them just enough of a twist to make them modern and cool.

Favorite go-to outfit to wear around campus?

Levi’s 510 jeans, sweater, flannel, and Bean Boots 

Boots-L.L. Bean, Jeans-Levis, Shirt-(stole from my brother), Sweater-American Eagle, Jacket- Urban Outfitters, Glasses- Ray Ban

Favorite thing to wear right now?

I’ve been going through a resurgence of my love for colorful canvas sneakers; it’s sixth grade all over again.

Blogs or magazines you read or follow?

I’m a huge magazine person; I love Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue, W, and T Magazine especially. I like fashion magazines more for art’s sake than style’s.

What are you looking forward to wearing this spring?

I bought a bunch of spring and summer clothes in October when they were cheap, so I’ve been waiting to wear them for months. I’m especially pumped about a coral and white aloha shirt; it sounds cheesy but I swear it’s really cool!

Style inspirations?

I don’t have any specific inspirations, really. Usually I’ll see people on the street with really cool style, and if it sticks with me I’ll copy it, haha, that sounds terrible!

Fashion or style advice?

It’s always good to start off by owning a lot of simple, classic pieces that look good with anything. If you have a simple outfit and then put on one standout piece you’ll look cool without trying too hard. And buy things you really love, not things that are hip, but if you love something that happens to be trendy, go ahead and buy it, you’ll always look better if you’re happy with what you’re wearing.

(Photo Editing Credit: Rachel Murphy)

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!