Prepare for Thanksgiving Break with #HCSurvivalKits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

For many of us collegiate gals, Thanksgiving break is the one motivator getting us through these next few weeks. Reunions with high school friends, home-cooked meals with the family and taking a well deserved break from schoolwork are all things to look forward to for this mini-vacation. However, the few weeks leading up to break seem to drag on forever, with dozens of assignments to do and exams to study for before we leave (~so close yet so far away~). Lucky for us, we have Her Campus’ Fall Survival Kit to make these next couple of weeks so much more manageable.

Here’s how:

1. Write out everything you need to get done in your Erin Condren Planner 

Take a break from your old, run down planner and switch over to this sleek and mature Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner. The July 2017 – December 2018 layout is the perfect way to sort out everything you need to do between now and Thanksgiving break. Like how organized you feel? Continue using the planner to help prepare for finals upon your return! 

2. Use Bed Head by TIGI Products to save time on your morning routine  Washing, blow drying and styling your hair taking up too much time in the morning? Check out these #HCSurvivalKit products to save time on your routine and free up more time for schoolwork. Hair looking a little greasy one morning? Check out Bed Head by TIGI Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo (crazy voluminous texture for big hair & updos!) or Bed Head by TIGI Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo (perfect for brunettes!) Hair clean but not seeming to stay in place? Check out Bed Head by TIGI Masterpiece Shine Hairspray or Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray to keep those ‘flyaways’ in place. 

3. Calm your pores with a Freeman Beauty face mask while studying in bed 

Can’t handle the library anymore? No problem – sometimes our best studying gets done in a place we are comfortable (like our big, cozy beds). The Feeling Beautiful line of Freeman face masks are made with fresh botanicals to make products that ‘feel good, smell good, and do good for our skin’. Choose between the Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask (safe for all skin types), Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser (perfect for breakout prone skin), or the Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask (perfect for dry skin). 

Check out a review of the Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay mask one of our writers decided to post about!

4. Take a break with a refreshing blackberry Spindrift Sparkling Water 

Sparkling water and real fruit from family farms… What more could you ask for? Chill out and take a break from the stress of school with this thirst quenching drink. 

5. Pop in a Hi-CHEW (or a few) before that last exam 

Hi-CHEW are yummy candies that are complelety cholesterol free and gluten free with 0g trans fat and no artificial flavors. Hello, the perfect study snack to help you cram before the last exam. 

6. Bronze, bronze, bronze with our L’Oreal self-tanning products 

Okay, so all of the demanding schoolwork is done but there’s still plenty to do to prepare for Thanksgiving break… including that ‘hasnt-seen-the-sun-in-months’ pale skin. Try using the Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes and watch color develop in just 3 hours. Want more of an immediate glow? Check out this easy to use Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist

7. Pack for home with your favorite Aeropostale Accessories 

Remember when we used to shop at Aeropostale for middle school dances? Well, now Aero has completely revamped their line to target a college audience. Be sure to grab these cute hair elastics, sunglasses, rings and chokers to be the most stylish friend at home!

8. Don’t forget your toothbrush + Steripod in your overnight bag! 

What if your parents threw out your toothbrush at home? Be sure to bring back your toothbrush with the handy dandy Steripod. These special gadgets keep your toothbrush clean and fresh for up to 3 months! 

Now that you have completely prepared with the #HCSurvivalKit you can go out and enjoy the most perfect Thanksgiving break with friends and family! 

University of New Hampshire, Class of 2018 Campus Correspondent Please contact me if you would like to join our team!