This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I’ve lived in New Jersey my whole entire life, I’ve been to thousands of places in the state and I want to share some of my favorites. 

Red Bank, NJ 

I want to start with this town because it’s the “downtown” where I grew up. There is always something going on there. In the summer they have outdoor movie nights, in the winter they throw a huge Christmas parade, in the fall they have a Halloween parade and in October they have “porch fest” where residents volunteer their porches to local musicians to set up and perform on. The best time to visit is during the summer, this is when the main street gets shut down and is taken over by the restaurants. You can be seated at an outdoor table in the middle of the street, enjoying the warm air and beautiful architecture of the buildings in town. 

Asbury Park, NJ

If you are interested in grabbing a bite to eat and enjoying a nice long walk on the boardwalk, Asbury Park is the place to visit. During the day you can enjoy the views of the ocean while strolling on the boardwalk. You can get a huge scoop of ice cream at Coney Waffle after a delicious meal at Tim McLoone’s Super Club. This is an extremely LGBTQ+-friendly area. Included within the town are various bars, my favorite being The Wonder Bar because everyone brings their dogs there. There are so many beaches in New Jersey, and Asbury Park is one of the best. If you want a parking spot close to the beach make sure to get there early. This is one of the most popular beaches in New Jersey. The scenery is immaculate there. You must visit Asbury park if you are coming to New Jersey. 

Long Beach Island, NJ

This is my all-time favorite beach vacation spot ever. The beaches are always clean and super family-friendly, they stretch for miles making beach walks last as long as you want. Don’t miss out on treasure island and the water park. Stop in at any of the fudge places in town for the greatest fudge. It is a real beach town with things to do on every corner. You will not find yourself bored there. 

Seaside Heights, NJ

If you are looking to have fun but save money on your trip to New Jersey, I recommend staying in Seaside Heights. There is always something going on and you’ll have a ton of food options. The boardwalk is 2 miles long, filled with millions of carnival games, miniature golf and other beach town activities. If you are in your 20s and looking for a great time, Seaside Heights is the place for you to visit. 

Ocean Grove, NJ

Ocean Grove is friendly to all ages. You can enjoy your time at the beach, walking the boardwalk or shopping in town. The town is 2 blocks from the boardwalk. There are thousands of old victorian homes in Ocean Grove. I strongly recommend researching the past before visiting the town, it has a very unique history. If you are looking to have a nice relaxing vacation this is the place to be. There are a couple of restaurants in town, Ocean Grove is a “dry” town so you will not be served alcohol at any of these restaurants. Days Ice Cream in Ocean Grove is one of the best ice cream parlors in New Jersey.

Jade is a sophomore at the University of New Hampshire.