Life > Experiences

To the Person Who Taught Me What it Meant to Have Strength, Love, & a Whole Lot of Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

To the person who taught me what it meant to have strength, love and a whole lot of fun,  

About a little over a year into my life this incredibly sweet, honest, beautiful and caring person swept me off my feet. A woman of strong strength and dignity. Full of laughter, and everything anyone could dream of. I couldn’t have asked for anyone better. I was so young that I didn’t fully realize how much of an impact that this person would have on me. As I grew, getting older and older, I noticed how interpersonal relationships are very, very important to me. I mean, any relationship I create means the world to me. Friends, family, and my significant other. But this one is special…

Hi Mom. First off, I love you. Second off, I want to thank you for everything. I know being a young adult I can take it for granted a lot. Especially now that I’m in college, I sure do miss those home cooked meals, the yelling about how stupidly long my showers are, and of course to pick up my stuff… and now that I am away at college, I have to do those things myself, and it is just not the same (wait hold the tears I’m not done…)

They say a mother and daughter connection is the most magical thing. From the mother carrying the daughter for nine months, to the special bond the two make throughout their years of life. Well, honestly, I don’t know who these people are who say these things. All I know, is that a mother does NOT have to be someone who carries you for the nine months to create that special magic early…

You have taught me almost everything. From the basics of life, to how to hold someone’s heart carefully. How to take care of myself, how I should never lie, how I just have to keep going in life no matter how rough things may be at some points. And of course you taught me to think of a few of my favorite things, like when the dog bites and when the bee stings. You laugh at my dumb jokes, dance randomly, make me laugh very hard, and hold me when my heart hurts. You know how to handle even the most complicated problems. Heck, you raised 4 beautiful girls! Not too many people could do that. You are beautiful, inside and out. You are stronger than the hulk. Funnier than Will Ferrell and forever and always, to the moon around the stars and back again. No matter how near or far. You are my favorite person.

I’ll see you in a couple of weeks!! Love you always!!

Xox

Allison

(your favorite child ;) )

Current co-president of UNH's chapter of Her Campus