New Year’s Eve Dress Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Christmas is right around the corner and before you know it, Dec. 31 will be here too. Every woman needs the perfect dress to look festive while ringing in the New Year. Glitzy cocktail dresses are always a good route to go, and there are plenty of stores out there with a variety of outfits to choose from and put your own spin on a perfect classic. Here are just a few of them.

• Victoria’s Secret

Looking to add a little va-va- voom to your New Year’s Eve? Vicky S. has a lot of form fitting dresses, some that incorporate the new Miraculous Push-up Bra. Fabric cut-outs and glittery details give a New Year’s flair. For the holiday season a lot of dresses are on clearance too!

• Betsey Johnson

Pricey, yes, but Betsey Johnson has a large variety of evening and cocktail dresses. From really bright patterns, pink poofy prom queen styles, to the basic little black dress, Betsey Johnson has it all. Tool, bows and other funky embellishments add a pop to the edgier options, yet there are still more simple silhouettes available.

• Bebe

Lace, sequins, cut-outs, basic black, bold colors, one shoulder, flowing, form fitting-bebe has it all! Cocktail dresses come in all shapes with different embellishments. There aren’t any crazy patterns like with Betsey Johnson, but if you’re looking for something that offers funky embellishments instead, bebe should have what you are looking for.

• EXPRESS

Basic slinky cocktail dress forms with sequins and glitter to glitz up the look makes for a perfect New Year’s Eve outfit. EXPRESS offers a variety of sparkling golds, silvers and blacks.

No matter where you spend your New Year’s Eve, in the city, at a party, wherever, you should be all set in finding at least one dress perfect for you. 

Photos: 
– http://www.betseyjohnson.com/home/index.jsp
– http://www.express.com/womens/index.sec

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.