This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

With the school year coming to a close, summer is on our minds! It is fastly approaching and we are all SUPER excited for the beach trips, boat rides, and overall all the adventures. With that being said there are some summer necessities that will help you survive the blazing hot days. So, here are my top 15 summer essentials and where to purchase them!

• Sunglasses
    • The sun will be constantly beating in your eyes, so a good pair or pairs of sunglasses are so important!
      • Amazon – super cheap, any styles and prime it for quick shipping
      • Zero UV – an online store where you can still get sunglasses cheap and they have super cute styles, shapes, and sizes.
      • Quay – for a little bit more money you can get stylish sunglasses that a lot of celebrities and YouTubers wear!
  • Sandals
    • Everybody needs a good pair of sandals that will last them all summer whether they are for work, daily wear, or for the beach- they are essential!
      • Forever 21– they have all the new trends at a reasonable price and they will last all summer.
      • Pac Sun– Last summer, I got a couple of pairs that still look brand new and they had a sale so they each were $10, what’s better than that?
      • Birkenstock– Now I know these are more expensive but they are my favorite and I am constantly wearing them. You can get the basic two strap brown ones or the rubber ones which are perfect for beach trips!
  • Bathing Suits
    • With countless beach or lake trips, you need some good bathing suits to last you all summer long
      • Forever 21
      • American Eagle / Aerie
      • Pac Sun & Tillys
    • All these stores have the cutest styles and the latest trends, all for a reasonable price!
  • Headbands & Scrunchies
    • All summer long I constantly am putting my hair up with a scrunchie or want to add something to my outfit with a headband.
      • The Paper Store – they sell the brand ‘Natural Life’ and they have the boho bandeau (these are my favorite)
      • H & M- I recently got super cute headbands and scrunchies there for a good price!
      • Amazon – I just ordered 8 cheetah print scrunchies from there and that is what I have been wearing in my hair recently
  • Beach Bags
    • These are a big necessity if you are like me and go to the beach all summer long! You can use any type of bag really, just as long as its big enough to fit all your stuff!
  • Sunscreen & Tanning Oil
    • protecting our skin on those sunny days is so important! Here are my favorite brands:
      • Hawaiian Tropic
      • Sun Bum
      • Neutrogena
  • Chapstick
    • Goes right with sunscreen, you will need it! Here are my favorite brands:
      • Chapstick
      • Burts Bee
      • Sun Bum
  • Nail Polish
    • For summer, I like to make a statement with my nails and here are my go-to summer colors:
      • Coral
      • Baby Yellow
      • Neon Orange
      • White (for your toes obviously)
  • Hair Products
    • All summer long, I like to make sure to put the right products in my hair to keep it looking healthy!
      • It’s a 10 – perfect detangler and leave in conditioner!
      • Any sea salt spray – I love the look of beachy waves even if I was not at the beach
      • Coconut Oil – if my hair starts looking dry, a coconut oil mask works wonders
  • Makeup
    • I don’t wear makeup often in summer but here are my go to’s for an *almost* full face look
      • Benefit Gimmie Brow
      • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
      • Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
      • Hoola Bronzer & Fenty Highlighter
      • Loreal Lash Paradise Mascara
  • Lotion
    • Staying moisturized during summer is a must. Here is what I usually use:
      • Coconut Oil
      • St. Ives Softening Lotion
      • Cetaphil (for my face)
  • Reusable Waterbottle
    • Staying hydrated is a huge key! & having a good water bottle that keeps ice in it is a plus
      • Hydroflask
      • Yeti
      • Swell
  • Iced Drinks
    • If you go to a drive-thru to get a drink here are my favorites *and don’t forget your metal straw*
      • Coffee @ Dunks: Iced Caramel Swirl with Almond Milk
      • Tea @ Starbucks: Iced White Tea Lemonade with Raspberry and no sugar
      • Chai @ Starbucks: Iced Vanilla Chai
  • Beach Games
    • Tanning can get old quick and sometimes the water is too cold to swim, games are a fun thing to bring
      • KanJam
      • Frisbee
      • Volleyball
  • Beaches
    • Here are my favorite beaches to go to the New England Area
      • Rye Beach, Rye NH
      • Salisbury Beach, Salisbury MA
      • Wingaersheek Beach, Gloucester MA

Enjoy your summer & Make the most of it!!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!