This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

My First Patriots Parade

On Monday, February 4th, at around 10pm, my friend and I decided we were going to go to the super bowl parade. We bought bus tickets from Dover, NH that brought us to the South Station in Boston, MA.

We both had never been to a Patriots parade before so we were unsure of what to expect. I’ve watched it on TV before but it’s not the same. We woke up at 7am, got dressed, got in an uber to the Dover station at 8am, and arrived by 8:15. We took the bus from 8:30 to 10:30am and when we arrived we were already overwhelmed with how many people were in this station. We had to walk about 10 minutes on Summer Street to Tremont Street. When we arrived at the end of the road, we couldn’t see Tremont Street because there were already 100’s of people standing in this one little spot.

The parade ended up starting at 12 instead of 11, so during that hour of waiting, we slowly inched our way through people to get closer to the street. By the end, we weren’t too far and had a decent spot. There were times when it felt like a mosh pit because of how squished and crowded we all were. Some people had to leave because they were having panic attacks, a mom had to leave with her child because he couldn’t handle how many people there were, and there was even some man yelling “My wife’s having a baby!” just to get people to move so he could get to the front with his family. Some kid crowd surfed near us, a man got taken out by the cops because of how drunk he was, and some boys were standing on the poles with street lights just to hold up signs and see the street better.

It was a beautiful day out and pretty warm considering the time of year. When we saw the confetti being blown in the air, that’s when we knew the duck boats were getting closer. My favorite people to see were Tom Brady, Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski! I took many videos and pictures of each of them which was awesome because I’ve never seen these people in person before. After the parade ended, we ran out of the spot immediately to go and get food.

After eating we had to get on the bus back to Dover which was around 3. We looked around at some shops to waste time and then got on the bus. We both slept on the way back because it was a long day.

I can officially say, I have been to a Patriots parade. 

Always laughing!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!