This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If you’re looking for a couple new books to add onto your ‘To Be Read’ list, this is the perfect article for you.

The time between fall and winter is personally when I get the most reading motivation. There’s nothing like a beach read during the summer, but there’s also nothing like being piled under blankets and reading while leaves or snow fall. The various books that are perfect for fall, winter and the books that exactly fit the branch between the two, make up most of my ongoing ‘To Be Read’ list. If you’re always looking for book recommendations as I am, I’ve got a few for you that are waiting patiently on my ‘TBR’ shelf.

1. The Stolen Book of Evelyn Aubrey by Serena Burdick

Set in the late 19th century, Evelyn was happily married to the novelist William Aubrey, until she found out he stole a draft of her novel and passed it off as his own. Fast forward to the 21st century, Abigail comes across a photo accompanied by a note, suddenly finding out that her great-great-grandmother was the author, Evelyn Aubrey. Digging deeper, Abigail is revealed to Evelyn’s disappearance and the assumption that she was murdered but takes the investigation into her own hands. She takes a journey to England to uncover the true story.

1. Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi

A one-hundred-year-old café is known within local legend — supposedly, alongside coffee, customers are given the ability to travel through time, but only if they sit in the right seat and follow the correct steps to do so. If they’re successful, they can travel through time for as long as it takes before the coffee gets cold. Four individuals travel to the café during the summer to figure out if the legend is true. 

1. The Secret History by Donna Tartt

A psychological thriller surrounding a group of college students navigating their lives that include a complicated series of events leading up to a murder, told by an unreliable narrator. Misguided by the influence of a certain professor, this band of students follows a dangerous, rollercoaster of a path with many twists and turns along the way. 

1. The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

A heartwarming fantasy where forty-year-old Linus Baker, a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth, is sent on a classified assignment to Marsyas Island Orphanage where a dangerous set of six children live: a gnome, a sprite, a wyvern, an unidentifiable green blob, a were-Pomeranian, and the Antichrist. Linus becomes closer with the orphanage caretaker, Arthur Parnassus, and discovers secrets that have been hidden for quite some time.

Aside from these above, the popular series Harry Potter, and Twilight, fit right into fall/winter seasonal reads. Percy Jackson is also a popular favorite of mine and the general public, but I think that fits more into the summer season. Reading really has no timeline when it’s for your personal entertainment, so it’s never that deep! Read what you want, when you want.

Happy reading!

Studying Hospitality Management with a double minor in Writing and Design Studies.