Summer is just around the corner, and I don’t know about everyone else, but this winter was tough! I am a movie lover, and if you are too here is what I will be watching to get myself back in the fun, sunny spirit just in time for summer.
- Mamma Mia: This is a classic! And not to mention my favorite movie ever. A summer wedding in Greece, what could be better. Plus everyone loves ABBA. This movie is guaranteed to brighten your day, and the setting is so beautiful, that island is definitely on my travel bucket list.
- The Parent Trap: Summer camp and long-lost twins. This movie makes me so nostalgic for the early 2000s. It’s heartwarming and sweet, the perfect combination. I’m also a sucker for happy endings.
- Dirty Dancing: Unfamiliar with this classic? Just think of the song “The Time of My Life” and that super famous lift and hopefully, that will ring a bell. This movie is incredible. It is about a girl not enjoying her time at a summer resort with her family until she meets some new people.
- The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants: This movie was my childhood. It follows four best friends as they take on different summer adventures and share a pair of jeans, it makes sense once you watch it. And this movie has Blake Lively, so it has to be good.
- High School Musical (specifically the second one): Do I have to say more? The whole group spending their summer at a resort together. This is personally my favorite movie of the three.
- Grown Ups: If you are in need of a little laughter, this is the movie for you. Five friends are reunited for the 4th of July. This is definitely a good one.
- Letters to Juliet: This one may need a bit more explanation because it’s not very popular. This movie is about a young woman, played by none other than Amanda Seyfried, and her fiance visiting Verona, Italy. The woman, Sophie, finds a wall where the heartbroken will leave letters to Juliet Capulet. She then uncovers a hidden letter from 1957 and decides to explore the story behind it. This movie is adorable. Not only do I love that it takes place in Italy, but it is romantic and beautiful.
- The Last Song: In middle school, this was my definition of true love. This is the movie with Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth with that super popular scene of them singing in his pickup truck together. The story is sweet, and a little sad at times, but a good watch either way. And of course, it has all the summer vibes.
- Aquamarine: Okay, my mom would cry if she saw this on my list. Apparently, I used to drive her crazy because I watched is every. single. day. when I was little. But, that just proves how amazing it is. It has mermaids, friendship, and a love story.
- Lilo and Stitch: I added this one in for anyone in the mood for an animated movie. Even though Lilo and Nani were not technically Disney princesses, they always were in my eyes. This movie covers everything from friendship, and loss, to the bond of sisters. It takes place in Hawaii and has the cutest songs ever. “Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride” was always my favorite.
So, that’s my list. Hopefully, watching just a few of these will take your mind away from finals for just a bit, and allow you to get excited for the upcoming sunny months!