Meet Marissa Kilbreth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The Basics:

Hometown: Bedford, NH

Grade: Junior 

Major: BusinessAdministration with a concentration in Marketing & Information Systems

Dream job: Astronaut

Involvement on campus: Member of SCOPE’s Hospitality Department

Her Favorites:

Hoco or Philly? Philly

Homecoming or Cinco? Cinco

Dimond or Paul? Paul

DHOP, Dominos, or Papa Johns? DHOP when I’m on campus, Dominos when I don’t want to leave my house

Football or hockey? Hockey

Hut or Coffee Craving? Hut

Can you tell us what SCOPE is and how you got involved?

SCOPE is the Student Committee on Popular Entertainment – we are responsible for putting on the concerts at UNH each year, throughout the duration of the year. I first became involved with SCOPE during the first semester of my freshman year, after having only been a student at UNH for about a month. During my first UDay, I was walking around and looking at all of the different clubs and organizations with one of my friends when we passed the SCOPE table. Although I had never directly heard of the organization before, I was very familiar with many of the shows that they had put on at this school – specifically with Kendrick Lamar. I knew that it was an amazing show and, given the fact that I have always loved music and possessed a sincere passion for learning about the industry, I decided to take an application and apply. SCOPE has truly changed my entire college experience in the most indescribable, wonderful way.

What are your roles and responsibilities?

The five departments within SCOPE are Security, Production, Publicity, Hospitality, and Business. I am a member of the Hospitality Department and our main role is to accommodate to the artists, their crew, and their management. The Hospitality Department sets up the artists’ dressing rooms, orders catering, handles any spontaneous needs or requests, and ensures safety and comfort. We set up the dressing rooms in their entirety and remain on stand-by throughout the show in case any sudden questions or concerns arise. In short, this department’s job is to “provide a face to the name” of both SCOPE and UNH, since the artists are most likely unfamiliar with the venue and our campus.

What has been your favorite show that SCOPE has put on and why?

Every show is unique and memorable for me as a member in its own way, but I think that my overall favorite show was Lil Uzi this past semester because of the energy that the artists brought to the crowd. So much work goes into putting on these shows and SCOPE spends months on end perfecting every last detail, so it is truly rewarding to see that our efforts are well received and that the students are having a great time at the show. The two openers also delivered a high-energy and interactive performance and attracted different fan bases, which was very exciting to see.

Can you give a little inside scoop of the Spring 2017 concert? When will it be announced? or How is the process going for the Spring concert? We are always in the process of planning for future shows, and the moment that one show ends, the planning process for the next immediately begins. When SCOPE has information that is approved to be released to the UNH campus, we communicate that information directly to the students through our social media pages, so follow us on twitter, Instagram, and facebook! Twitter: @SCOPEUNH Instagram: scope_unh Facebook: Scope University of New Hampshire