Meet Haylee Colannino

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Haylee is a certified personal trainer at On Target Fitness in Portsmouth and a group fitness instructor in the Hamel Rec Center. She is very passionate about fitness and nutrition. If you have never been to her fitness classes, then you are definitely missing out. Haylee knows how to turn a dreadful workout into fun and rewarding. She will be teaching at our event “Give Cancer The Boot” on Tuesday November 29th at 8pm at the Granite State Room in the MUB. Stop by and meet Haylee! 

The Basics:

Hometown: Warwick, RI

Grade: Senior

Major: Nutrition and Dietetics 

Dream job: Sports Dietitian for collegiate or pro teams

Involvement on campus: President of The Student Nutrition Association

Her UNH Favorites

Hoco or Philly? Philly 

Homecoming or Cinco? Homecoming all the way

Dimond or Paul? Dimond 

DHOP, Dominos, or Papa Johns? DHOP  

Football or hockey? Football

Hut or Coffee Craving? The Hut

All About Haylee

What inspired to become a personal trainer? 

I figure skated as a kid and we had a personal trainer, since I was 12 years old I knew I wanted to be a trainer just like him. 

What is your favorite thing about being a personal trainer/fitness instructor?

The look on my clients faces when they reach a new goal or have fun with a workout.

What is your favorite fitness class to teach?  

Bootcamp or kickboxing

Do you have an easy healthy recipe snack to recommend for college students to make? 

Overnight oats! I eat this for either pre/post workout or dessert for everyday! 

Rolled oats, plain greek yogurt, ground cinnamon, protein powder, and frozen mixed berries! I mix up the fruit and toppings so it’s never boring and super quick to make, just let it sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour and you’re good to go. 

What is your favorite part about being president of the Student Nutrition Association (SNA)?

Definitely the connections that I have made with all of my professors, other students, and community members while working with SNA. Being president has opened my eyes to all of the opportunities in nutrition and made me love it even more. I look forward to all of our events this year especially our event with HerCampus – Give Breast Cancer the Boot(camp) fundraiser workout on Tuesday November 29th at 8pm. (Be there or be square!!)