Meet Hannah Lane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

All About Hannah 

Hometown: Concord, MA

Grade: Senior

Major: B.A. Communication

Dream job: Event/Conference/Meeting Manager

Involvement on campus: President of the American Red Cross Club of UNH , Lambda Pi Eta (The UNH Communication Department’s honor society), and Comm-Entary (UNH’s annual student journal of communication)

Her UNH Favorites 

Hoco or Philly? Hoco dinner and Philly Brunch

Homecoming or Cinco? Homecoming

Dimond or Paul? Dimond

DHOP, Dominos, or Papa Johns? DHOP always!

Football or Hockey? Hockey

Hut or Coffee Craving? Dunkin’

Can you give us some information about what Red Cross is?

ARC UNH is a student-run organization that volunteers for the community through the American Red Cross. We are involved with blood drives twice a semester, disaster services, fundraising, international services, health and fire safety, bone marrow, and more!

How did you get involved with Red Cross?

I joined the club after I saw their table at U-Day my freshman year, and have loved it ever since!

What are your roles and responsibilities at Red Cross?

My first three years I worked as the Blood Drive Officer. I was responsible for advertising and management for the drives, as well as the lead contact on the day of. This year I had the privilege to run the club as their current President. I have used my organizational experience to maintain and developed the club’s structure, manage officer positions, run meetings, and organize club events.

What the best thing about being a part of Red Cross?

The best part is that there are so many opportunities when you join! Working at the blood drives inspired my love of organization and planning, which brought me to my current career path. The American Red Cross is a great way to get out of your shell, and try new things!

When is the next blood drive at UNH?

April 24th-27th 9am-3pm.

Appointments can be made at www.redcrossblood.org

What is the process of setting up for the blood drive?

The club works directly with the American Red Cross Blood Services. They are responsible for the technical/blood donation set-up, while the club sets up the registration, appointment making, and canteen areas. However, our biggest responsibility is to get those flyers out, because we could not make a difference without our amazing donors!