Meet Claire Hawkes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Claire has been a dedicated Her Campus member for the past three years. She currently serves as the events director on the executive board. You may have recognize her name in some of the articles that she has contributed: Why I Gave Up My Letters, Instagram Post You Know You Are A UNH Girl, and 6 Winter Trends To Keep You Warm. She was recently elected as the president of Beta Gamma Sigma and has big plans to expand to organization. To learn more about Claire, scroll down to read more!!! 

The Basics:

Hometown: Lee, NH

Grade: Junior

Major: Finance and Entrepreneurial Studies 

Dream job: Own my own company or firm 

Involvement on campus: Beta Gamma Sigma, Chi Omega, and Her Campus

Her UNH Favorites

Hoco or Philly? Hoco

Homecoming or Cinco? Homecoming 100%

Dimond or Paul? I live in Paul

DHOP, Dominos, or Papa Johns? That’s tough…probably DHOP

Football or hockey? Football

Hut or Coffee Craving? The Hut

All About Claire: 

Can you tell us a little more about what is the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society?

“The Beta Gamma Sigma honor society is an invitational honor society that recognizes the top 10% of each class in the Business Administration major.”

As the president of Beta Gamma Sigma honor society, what are your roles? ​

“In the past BGS has never had officers so I am currently responsible for creating more of a presence for BGS on the UNH campus. Currently I do not have any other officers, but we are working on recruiting and increasing interest to join BGS.”

What are some things you want to accomplish as the president of Beta Gamma Sigma honor society?

‘As president of Beta Gamma Sigma I want to create a presence on campus and peak people’s interests to join. Ideally I would love to begin holding events on campus and get our name out there! In the future I hope that this organization becomes something that every student knows and wants to be a part of for both professional and social reasons.”

What has been your favorite thing about being apart of Her Campus?

“Definitely the people I have met. I have made some of my best friends through this club and I always love the positive energy in the room when I come to meetings!”