Meet Brittni Lai

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Transfer student, Brittni Lai is a crucial player on the women’s basketball team. This year the team holds the program’s best record of 26-4. The Wildcats will play in the AE tournament semifinals on Sunday, March 5th against UMaine. Good luck and we hope the women’s basketball team brings back the AE championship to Durham. 

Hometown: Irvington, New York    

Age: 21                                     

Grade: Senior

Major: Communication 

What made you decide to transfer to UNH? 

“UNH was one of my options to transfer to.  Also one of my teammates from Marist was transferring here, so I decided to look into the basketball program. The UNH campus was pretty, they had my major, and the coaching staff and the team instantly welcomed me in. It all worked out in the end. “

How do you balance school, friends, and being a division one student- athlete?

“Time management is huge. It’s important to look at the class syllabus and game schedules to get a head start on assignments. Another great way to balance out a busy life is to put aside free time for yourself or friends. “

Do you have a routine before games?

“I wear the same socks for every game day. They are blue Nike Elite socks. As a team, we have a pre-game meal before games. Also in the locker room, we blast music and dance.” 

What is the biggest challenge your team will face this season? 

“Staying consistent and working on the little things to prepare us for the AE tournament. ” 

What are your goals for this season? 

“1st win the regular season AE champs. Then win the AE tournament to have a spot to compete in the NCAA tournament. ” 

What’s the key to success on why the team is having one of the best seasons this year? 

“This year our team chemistry is really strong. Last year we had a rough season, so we worked extremely hard during the offseason to get better. Our hard work and effort from offseason definitely paid off. “