This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

After lots of research and some trial and error, I have found some of the best meal delivery kits for college students who are tired of eating the same food time and time again. I have narrowed down some of my favorites that have delicious options for everyone! P.S some have discounts for students!

1.  EveryPlate ($4.99/serving + $8.99 for shipping) Budget Friendly

EveryPlate has a variety of options each week and is by far the cheapest option that I have found. You get to choose from 14 flavorful meals each week with the option of additional protein add-ons. The meals differ each week, but you are sure to find something you like. Unfortunately, they don’t cater to every diet so you may find it difficult to find multiple options if you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet. An added bonus is that students can get 20% off each box for the first year through UNiDAYS! Altogether, I spend $33/per week including shipping, on 3 meals for 2 people. Most delivery kits don’t offer single servings, so I usually cook a whole meal and then eat the other serving for dinner or lunch the next day. You also have the option to skip weeks or change the delivery address or day if you choose.

Link: https://www.everyplate.com/

2. HelloFresh ($8.99/serving + $8.99 for shipping) Top Meal Kit

The first meal delivery service I ever got was HelloFresh and they definitely did not disappoint. Their meals were so flavorful and there were 20 different meal options each week. HelloFresh allows you to customize meals depending on your diet choices including quick options that take less than 30 minutes to make or vegetarian options that are delicious. Each meal comes prepackaged in its own bag, so you won’t spend time looking for which ingredients you need. You can also add up to 5 recipes per week to your plan so it’s perfect if you want to split the box with your roommates or friends. HelloFresh also offers numerous discounts including 15% off every box for students through UNiDAYS! Currently, they also offer 12 free meals and free shipping on your first order. There is no commitment so you can cancel anytime or skip weeks if you won’t be home.

Link: https://www.hellofresh.com/  

3. Sunbasket ($10.99-11.99/serving + $5.99 for shipping) Most Diverse

Sunbasket offers a very wide variety of food for almost every diet. The food has mainly organic, non-GMO, sustainably and responsibly raised ingredients. Most of their meals are healthy and absolutely delicious. They even have add-on options for pre-made meals that you can heat up in your oven for $9. Unlike other meals kits you can get breakfast options if you choose or add on some snacks to enjoy. Although this meal delivery service is quite expensive, they do offer some promotions such as $90 off across your first 4 boxes and 4 free gifts. An added bonus is that each meal box comes in environmentally responsible packaging, so you don’t need to feel guilty about bad plastics or other harmful waste.

Link: https://sunbasket.com/

4. Dinnerly (2 person box-$30, Family box-$60 + $8.99 for shipping) Easiest 

Dinnerly is best for those who don’t like complex recipes and just want simple ingredients to cook with. Their meals are very easy to prepare, and they have around 18 meals to choose from per week. They also have some protein add-ons that you can choose from as well. Dinnerly is simple but may not cater to a variety of diet options. Just like most other meal delivery services, you can skip weeks or change the delivery address if needed. They strive to make things as easy as possible, so all of their meals come with a digital recipe card. You can select between a 2-person box or family box with 2-6 meals in each making this another great option for sharing between roommates or friends. Currently, there are no discounts, but Dinnerly strives to keep prices low so you don’t need to worry about hunting for more discounts.

Link: https://dinnerly.com/

Instagram: @alexaoleary Communication Major
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!