Vision Board 2024
Vision Board 2024
Photo by Lauren Ogonowsky
Life > Experiences

Manifesting Your Best Year: A Guide To Vision Boards And Goal Alignment

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As we step into a new year, it’s an opportune time to reflect on the past and set intentions for the future. One powerful tool for honing in on your goals and manifesting the life you want is the creation of a vision board. This visual representation of your aspirations serves as a daily reminder of what you’re working towards. In this article, we’ll explore the process of making vision boards, reflecting on the past year and aligning your mindset for success in the coming months.

Reflecting on the Past Year:

Before diving into the future, take a moment to reflect on the past year. Consider the challenges you faced, areas for improvement, successes, changes, high points, low points, lessons learned and accomplishments. Ask yourself how you worked towards your goals, what strategies were effective and what didn’t help. Identify the goals you achieved and how it felt to work towards them. Acknowledge the highlights of the past year, whether goal-related or not.

What to Leave Behind and Bring Into the New Year:

Think about what you want to leave in the previous year and what you want to bring into the new one. This includes mindsets, habits, people and things. Maybe you had a toxic relationship that you want to leave in the past, or a new friendship that you’ve gained and want to continue growing. This process helps in aligning your goals and visions with your values and aspirations for the future.

Journal Prompts and Questions:

Use journal prompts to delve deeper into your reflections. Explore your feelings, accomplishments and the strategies that led to success. Consider what daily routines and rituals your highest self would embody. Imagine how you want others to talk about you when you’re not present. These prompts provide clarity and help you set intentions for the upcoming year.

Creating Your Vision Board:

When making your vision board, incorporate elements that resonate with your experiences and aspirations. Include pictures that you have already manifested or know will be accomplished soon. Use pictures from your perspective, such as your hands on the steering wheel of your dream car. Consider creating emotion boards that engage your senses — what you see, hear, know and sense.

Words on Your Vision Board:

Incorporate auditory elements by adding words that reflect how you want others to speak about you or things you would say to yourself. Choose affirmations and empowering statements that resonate with your goals.

Physical Vision Boards vs. Digital Ones:

Opt for physical vision boards over digital ones for a tangible and immersive experience. Place your vision board in a location where you’ll see it multiple times a day. The visual cues will reinforce your goals and keep them at the forefront of your mind.

Group Vision Board Creation:

Consider planning a vision board creation session with friends. Independently select images aligned with your goals, and then come together to share and celebrate. This collaborative approach fosters encouragement, inspiration and a sense of accountability.

Implementing Habits and Routines:

Having a plan to implement habits that align with your goals is crucial. Break down your goals into actionable steps and create daily routines that bring you closer to your vision. Consistency is key in manifesting the life you desire.

Creating a vision board is a transformative process that aligns your goals with your innermost desires. Through reflection, visualization and intentional action, you can manifest the life you want in the new year. Embrace the journey, celebrate your achievements and step confidently into a future filled with purpose and fulfillment.

qceRsXg7 U BiNw3yca6O8uZ4QIrJibj7H35SKyeqZ21SYF046Kr MSDGkTfnaQhGJltb6YlvmWx0zCm4HBXRK1YYj0dEeDe 0mTgLohcg8tgNd5F O dkPE4R hSvB4P2meeXSI2WF8L5vDGfN2L4Q

My Vision Board for 2024

UNH nursing student, beach bum, book worm, and health & wellness lover from Cape Cod, MA!