nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Make Tuesdays Great Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Let’s face it: Durham, NH is not the most exciting place to be. Luckily, the students at UNH know how to make a good time out of nothing. For a while that “good time” occurred on Tuesdays. It’s the ideal scenario for a Wildcat. Since many students don’t have class on Friday, Tuesday nights are technically the “hump day” of the week, which we all know should be a day of celebration. If you experience the Monday blues as much as I do, Tuesdays are refreshing. I’ll be the first to admit I’ve slowly lost interest in this mid-week tradition but recently this past Tuesday I made a short appearance at Scorps. I was disheartened to see how lame Tuesdays in Durham have become! The basement was closed which usually signals that the upstairs bar will be packed, but this wasn’t the case. Aside from the table I was sitting at with my friends there were only 5 or 6 other tables that were full. An open table on a weekend night is nearly impossible to find. This had me thinking: if more people knew how great Tuesdays were, we would be able to make Tuesdays great again!

1.) There’s no pressure.

You can literally wear sweatpants without feeling underdressed. But… **disclaimer** you should never feel underdressed at a bar in Durham.

2.) The deals are outrageous.

$1 pitchers. That is all.

3.) There’s no line.

No matter what time you leave your place you don’t have to worry about standing in a line for the rest of the night in the freezing cold.

4.) Mid-week pick me up.

Need I say more?

5.) There’s no rush.

You don’t have to plan ahead for what you’re going to wear, who you’re going to go with, etc. Just go with the flow and take you’re time doing it.

6.) Mondays suck.

You’re going to need this escape after the crappy Monday you had.

7.) It’s the best excuse to not go out on Thursday.

Seriously, when people give you hell for wanting to binge-watch TV on a Thursday (we all know that this is the best night of television) you can give it right back to them!

8.) Study break.

You know what they say… “work hard, play hard!”

8.) The crowd is filtered.

You don’t have to dread dealing with people who are too drunk to stand. Everyone is just there for a couple casual drinks. 

9.) Why not?

To all the seniors reading: we only have so many more nights together and we’ll only regret the memories we didn’t make…let’s celebrate the nights we have left!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!