This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I was lucky enough to travel to London this past winter break and got the opportunity to explore so many parts of the huge city! From your tourist post card attractions to the latest hot spots everything about London was breathtaking and exciting. Even the buildings were each unique and beautiful and some held quite an intriguing history. Below you will find a list on the must-see attractions of London that you should definitely try if you are planning to go!

• Take a ride on the London Eye. This sky-high Ferris wheel gives you a wonderful view of the city skyline.
  • Visit Shakespeare’s Globe! If you are lucky enough to go in the Spring you can even see a show, there!
  • Explore Notting Hill and Portobello Road. The road is incredibly colorful and has some quirky shops and trinkets
  • Spend the day shopping on Oxfords Street and Regent Street.
  • Admire the architecture of St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.
  • See the changing of the guard at the Buckingham Palace.
  • Spend the afternoon strolling the cobble streets of Covent Garden and watching the amazing street performers.
  • Go up the “walkie talkie tower” and grab a drink at the Sky Garden. This was by far one of the coolest places I have been. The top of the tower was huge glass windows, and, in the middle, there was a small jungle full of plants and trees!
  • Immerse yourself in culture at the British Museum, Tate Modern and the National Gallery.
  • See Wicked of Phantom of the Opera at the West End.

• Get your British on and go to Afternoon tea! You can never go wrong with a variety of scones, finger sandwiches, desserts and well of course tea! 

These are only some of the amazing experiences you can find in London. Every street and every day holds new opportunity for adventure, culture, and fun. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!