Lollipop
Lollipop
Kate Zizmor / Spoon
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I recently watched a TedTalk about something called Lollipop Moments. Essentially, a lollipop moment is a distinguished event that changed the course of your life for the better because of the action of another person. The TedTalk speaker, Drew Dudley, describes it as a moment where someone says or does something that makes your life fundamentally better. He goes on to talk about how, more often than not, we attribute these moments to personal success but never share the impact these people have had on our lives.

It’s been about a month since I first saw this TedTalk and I haven’t stopped thinking about it. “We let people who have made out lives better walk around without knowing it.”

Since watching this TedTalk I have made a point of telling the people in my life how much I appreciate them. I’ve had really mixed review, most of the time, people really just haven’t known how to respond. I think this is a reflection of how little people hear they’re appreciated.

You never know how much someone needs to hear those words. I’m going to keep telling people what they mean to me, I encourage you to join me.

I am a senior at the University of New Hampshire majoring in Community and Environmental Planning with a dual major in Sustainability and a minor in Political Science. I use writing to process what's going on in my life and the world and am so happy to share that with all of you! I love to be outside, connect with nature, and am big into social justice activism.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!