nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Livin’ Life The Gatsby Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The Roaring 20s means living an extraordinary life like the man that was Jay Gatsby 

If you’ve ever seen the movie The Great Gatsby with Leonardo Dicaprio you know that life in the 1920’s was anything but boring.

But, if you know me, I love the book. F. Scott Fitzgerald captures the image of ambition, love, and the American dream in a very luxurious way. Don’t get me wrong, there is so much more that goes on in the book that isn’t as grand as Mr. Gatsby makes it seem and I can honestly talk about this for hours but perhaps another time. Instead, here are some of my favorite quotes that inspire me to live life the way Gatsby wanted to live. 

• “Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.”

• “Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope.”

• “In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. “Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”

• “It occurred to me that there was no difference between men, in intelligence or race, so profound as the difference between the sick and the well.”

• “Life is much more successfully looked at from a single window.”

• “As I walked on I was lonely no longer. I was a guide, a pathfinder, an original settler.”

• “It takes two to make an accident

With the 20’s closely approaching I think it’s time we live a little like Gatsby’s parties. We should all live life to it’s fullest potential and make our own mark that will never be forgotten. We should have the time of our lives and have anything but ordinary life. The 20’s is our time to make the memories none of us will dare to forget. Roaring 20’s baby- let’s live life the Gatsby way!

Hi! I'm Lauren and I am a Senior Genetics Major and CC for Her Campus at UNH in a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!