A Little Thing to Remember This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Hey y’all,

It’s my favorite time of year, fall. The crisp air, hot apple cider, and the crunchy leaves under my feet. Fall means September, with the slow change of colors in the leaves. It means October, with haunted hayrides, tricks & treats, and to top it off, fall brings us November. The season of giving. I feel like sometimes fall is split halfway down the middle for people, they either love it or hate it, wishing summer was still here or the snow was already falling- I know, I said that four-letter word some New Englanders dread. 

As for me, fall makes my heart warm up. Not sure if it is because of the amount of apple cider and pumpkin spice in everything I drink or if it reminds me of everyone coming together. During this time of year, everyone is full of love and thanks. Family, friends, good food and never forget about football season. 

But there is something I want everyone to keep in mind this fall. Yes, it is the season of giving but remember to give and love always. This shouldn’t be the only time of year where we give, I personally think you should always give everything and everyone (especially yourself) your all. Have this time of year as something a little extra, like the cherry on top of the sundae. Give a little more love, but remember that life is short so do it always. Life is so unpredictable, that no matter what we have no idea what is gonna happen, so yes you can bet your bottom dollar I will be carving pumpkins, giving love and saying thanks this fall. 

Xo 

Allison

Current co-president of UNH's chapter of Her Campus
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!