election hero images copy
election hero images copy
HCM Design

The Lessons I Learned From Wanting to Be A Princess When I Grew Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Most girls, at one point or another, want to be a princess when they grow up. I always thought this was a trivial thing until I realized that these movies and stories taught be so many lessons about life and love and being a strong person. So here are some of the things I learned;

Don’t be afraid to change your mind

In Beauty and The Beast we learn that it’s okay to have an initial opinion and change your mind! This can go for school, boys, your major, anything. IT IS OKAY.

Kill them with Kindness

Cinderella has what I think to be the best mantra of all time, “Be kind and have courage”. The phrase gets her through her time with her emotionally abusive stepmother. She knows that regardless of the situation, as long as you stay strong and continue to be nice to people,

Family is the most important thing

We all know the story; girl fights with her mom, makes a deal that turns her mom into a bear, misses her mom, learns the value of family. All jokes aside, the lesson to be learned here is that you and your family can get past even the biggest fights (or what you think are the biggest fights) You need family, whatever that looks like.

Make your dreams happen

Nobody has bigger dreams than Tiana. She worked hard and was able to open her restaurant all by herself. She proved that through hard work and determination anything can be accomplished.

Go out of your comfort zone

Rapunzel didn’t leave the house until she was like 18 and then she went on a huge adventure with a man she didn’t know to find some pretty lights. While that may not be the best idea, the moral of the story is that if you stick with what you know your whole life, you’ll be stuck in your tower. If you leave your comfort zone and try some new things, you can find your lights.

Hey babes, my name is Sydney and I’m currently a sophomore nursing major! I’m a native of the beach so I’m obsessed with the ocean, but I also love swimming and meeting new people. I’ve been reading HC National since middle school and I’m so pumped to now be writing for UNH’s chapter :)
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!