The Importance of H20

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Without water, where would we be today? We never realize how privileged we are to have easy access to water because we take it for granted. In many countries, they have to go to certain extremities in order to have clean drinking water. To bring more awareness, we asked our staff to share their story on why water is important. 

Every day, millions of children around the world don’t have safe, clean water to drink. Children in Haiti are particularly affected by the lack of access to clean drinking water. Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world with a poverty rate of 77%. The children have to walk long distances to collect clean drinking water and this affects their education.

We’re so proud to join Armani Beauty and support UNICEF with Giorgia Armani’s Acqua For Life Campaign. This campaign has raised $3.43M since 2010 to support the UNICEF Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Program (Wash), enough funding to help provide 83 million days of clean, safe water for children. Your purchase of ACQUA DI GIO/ACQUA DI GIOIA will help UNICEF provide four months of clean water to a child in need. All it takes is one person to make a difference. To learn more about how you can help, check out the Acqua For Life Campaign. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!