pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I Don’t Want to be a Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As Junior year is coming to an end, I can’t help but realize I am not ready to be a senior. Like, at all. A year and a half of my college experience was spent online. The only full year I got was freshman year and I can’t seem to wrap my head around that. I wish I had more time. I don’t want to be a senior because the seniors now won’t be here next year again. I haven’t really thought about that until now. It’s not going to be the same without them here. But, I look forward to see where their journey takes them and I know they are going to thrive. 

I’m not ready to say that I am a senior. Those words don’t sound right to me. I remember when I was a freshman sitting in the Whitt listening to President Dean say that these 4 years are going to be fast. I didn’t believe that, I thought I had so much time. Boy was I wrong. The past couple of years went by so fast. I wouldn’t change my experience for anything but I wish I could relive it and appreciate it more. I wish I had met some people earlier and had more time with them. I wish I could have savored the good times when it was happening. I wish I took more pictures or videos. That way I could re-watch some of my favorite days and not fear I’m going to forget them. I also wish I could live with all my best friends longer. One more year isn’t enough. 

Even though it’s so unreal, I’m going to make the most of my senior year. Honestly, it’s going to feel like a movie and I’ll never want it to end. I was even thinking of making a bucket list with my friends as a final “hurray.” The memories I will make this next year I know will hold a special place in my heart and I’m excited to see what is to come. I’m also really excited to be the new CC along with Sofie for the 2021-2022 academic year. Her Campus has always been an amazing part of my college experience and I am so grateful to have the chance to serve as CC during my final year. I remember sitting down in my first Her Campus meeting freshman year and looking up to my CCs. Little did I know this org would have a huge impact on my life and that now would the one following in their footsteps. 

Even though I can’t believe it nor can I even say out loud that I’m going to be a senior, I know I’m ready. Whether I like it or not. 

Congratulations to the class of 2021! This will be the hardest goodbye but we all know you are going to accomplish amazing things.

Warner Bros. Television

Hi! I'm Lauren and I am a Senior Genetics Major and CC for Her Campus at UNH in a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!