courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How Sorority Life Changed Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Dear Student Considering Greek Life,

The first couple weeks at UNH was a very tough adjustment. I was in a brand new school and like many freshman, did not know many people. I never considered myself a “sorority girl” and to be honest I never understood what the point of it was until I went through the recruitment process.  

The friends that I made the first few weeks of school all told me they were going to go through recruitment, and some how convinced me to do the same. The first day of recruitment I was very nervous and felt out of place because I felt like I had to be a certain type of person to be in a sorority. I didn’t even know how to pronounce any of the sorority names. However, after my first day of recruitment I realized that being part of Greek Life may be for me. I was surrounded by lots of girls I could relate to and as I approached my last day of recruitment, I fell in love with the idea of Greek Life and having sisters.

Being part of the Greek community was one of the best decisions I have made since I’ve been to college. I have met my best friends and have many people that would be there to support me if I ever needed anything. I always have someone to lean on if I am upset and always have someone there to make me laugh as well. I have become more involved with UNH and have met many amazing people that I probably would not have met if I was not part of the Greek community. Once you join the sorority that is right for you, you get to learn about the sororities philanthropy. Not only will you be able to spread awareness of what your philanthropy is but also you are able to make a difference in your community. As I walk around campus I think more about my actions because I am not just representing myself anymore, I am representing my sorority. If you decide to go Greek, I’m sure you will not regret it.

Sincerely,

Kelly

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!