This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Winter break is just right around the corner, and soon enough we will all be heading home for a well-deserved break from homework and studying! I know that I personally always feel that our breaks go by way too fast, so here are a few ways that you can make the most of your winter break. 

Hang out with some old friends that you haven’t seen in a while! 

Winter break is the perfect opportunity for this, especially if you were busy finishing last-minute projects before finals, or if over Thanksgiving break or you were out of town visiting family. Luckily for us, winter break is around a month long!  Which gives everyone plenty of opportunities to reconnect with old friends who you haven’t seen in a while.

Make sure to spend some quality time with your family! 

If you have siblings, little things such as watching movies or going out to lunch with them can mean a lot. While leaving for college was probably one of the biggest changes in your life, your siblings lives changed a little bit too that day. Recently, they’ve had to adjust to not having you around the house. While they might not always let it show, they have definitely missed you over the past few months so spending some time with them will mean a lot. Most importantly make sure to put aside some time for some one-on-one time with your parents. 

Take some time to relax!

Around the holidays things can get so fast-paced and kind of hectic with everyone running around trying to get things done. Due to this, it’s really important to give yourself some rest and relaxation especially after the stress of final exams. 

Lastly, have a little outdoor fun! 

Things like ice skating, sledding, and skiing, are some great ways to fill up your days and let loose a little. 

Although, at the end of the day however you choose to spend your winter break you really can’t go wrong!  

I am a Psychology major at UNH
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!