Style

How to Look Put Together With Little Effort

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Let’s face it, when waking up for those 8 A.M’s, it’s hard to get out of bed, let alone want to pick out an outfit for the day. We’re tired and running on barley six hours of sleep. Luckily, sweat suits, accessories and hair products exist, which allow us to look somewhat more put together for that cute boy in psych class.

The first step is to pick out the outfit. Fortunately, sweatpants/ joggers are in style right now and we are living for it. With that being said, picking out an outfit is easy and now we can look comfy and cute. Matching sweat suits are always a go to. They make you look put together and like you put a lot of effort into the outfit, when all it took was one minute to throw it on. 

Urban Outfitters has a bunch by Champion which is always a good option. A few other websites to check out that are more on the affordable side are Forever21 and Fashion Nova. Even wearing a pair of sweats and a cropped top or over-sized tee with a statement jacket makes it seem as though a lot of effort was put into the outfit. It’s easy to deceive people these days, so let’s take advantage of that.

After the outfit comes the accessories. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize: this cannot be stressed enough. This is what’s going to pull the outfit together. A pair of simple hoops is always a go to for any outfit and we all have those laying around. Then there’s the necklaces. Layering is key when it comes to this, it adds a cool aspect to the outfit and makes it more personal. Rings are always an option too, especially if you try stacking them. Just like layering, it adds more to the outfit and gives it more depth and more to notice. 

Lastly, a simple yet staple accessory are sunglasses. They add so much to an outfit and really tops it off. Quay has affordable, good quality sunglasses and they have so many options to choose from. It’s good to have a few different options to go with the vibe of each outfit day to day. 

Hair is always fifty-fifty, it’s a fun surprise to get up and see if it’s going to be a good or bad hair day. With that being said, a good hairstyle that goes with any outfit and makes it seem as though you are having a good hair day is a low, slick back pony or bun.      

This takes five minutes to do and looks even better if gel is added. It gives one’s hair a nice shine and it will hold together a lot better throughout the day. This hairstyle looks fabulous with a nice pair of hoops in and it helps to use your sunglasses as a sort of headband with this look to help contain the fly-aways. Not feeling the low bun? Spray some dry shampoo into that lion’s mane or top off the look with a beanie. 

The shoes come last. A pair of casual sneakers like Air Force Ones look good with any outfit, especially a sweat suit. Whatever your favorite pair of shoes are at the moment, throw them on and head out the door because now the outfit is complete. It’s easy to look put together with these tips and takes no time at all. And when it comes to makeup, well that’s another story, but most days, bare face is the way to go to keep the skin healthy and glowing. 

Hello! I'm Hanna Bell, a junior at the University of New Hampshire. I'm an English major and a Film minor. This is my first semester writing for Her Campus and am also apart of the social media group. I'm excited to share my articles and hopefully help and give advice. HCXO, Hanna
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!