This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Traveling can be intimidating and stressful, and traveling solo even more so. The price of ease and convenience is high – staying in a trusted hotel versus a hostel, shelling out cash for a taxi rather than deciphering the confusing train system – but now is the best time of your life to be bold and spontaneous! Embrace the option of flying standby, and you can score cheap tickets to your destination at the last minute. Follow these tips; it’s easier than you think!

• Only travel with the allowed carry-on baggage. Usually this is a small carry on suitcase and personal item like a purse or backpack. If you don’t have checked baggage, you will receive priority over other standby passengers.

• Check out the flights before heading to the airport. Call the airlines directly or use airline websites to see if there are seats are available. Don’t use websites like Expedia or Kayak. Their databases are less up-to-date.

• Collegiettes, Research AirTrain Airways! They have a program called AirTranU that allows persons ages 18-22 to purchase incredibly cheap tickets. Get where you want to go from $49 to $99.

• Arrive early! Get to your gate as soon as you can and ask the attendant to be put on a standby list. Then sit back, relax, and wait for your name to be called.

Want more information on amazing, affordable travel opportunities for young people? Check out www.contiki.com.

Junior at UNH
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!