This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Sadly, the Earth is literally dying and falling apart at our feet. Yes, you see people in our generation posting on social media about it and kind of spreading what is happening, yet is anyone really contributing to helping this cause? 

To take a look at the facts, the Arctic Sea ice is at its second lowest point on record. As we are losing large amounts of ice around the earth, the sea level is also rising. And as the seal levels rise, it is losing oxygen causing it to be extremely more acidic and there is a loss of many different populations of wildlife throughout. Coral reefs are dying off and many species of wildlife are migrating to other places due to climate change, which is interrupting many vital biological events.

Much of what is happening with climate change is due to us, humans on earth today. Industrially we are hurting the planet more and more through emissions from greenhouse gases from fossil fuel combustion, deforestation, etc. Carbon dioxide has been the huge effect on earth by greatly increasing throughout the industrial era by staggering amounts. 

With this crisis happening on Earth everyday all around us, there are plenty of ways to help the cause and lessen some of the damage done. 

Lover of country music and my dog.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!